Thread: Help required

Help required

Hope this is the right place. I am looking for some advice. I came across a Wembley .177 air pistol whilst clearing my mother in laws house. So questions are is it legal for me to sell this and where would I sell it and lastly any idea of value. Please excuse my ignorance of the law on this. The air pistol in question is a Wembley junior .177 condition very good handles appear to be tin, serial number at trigger area. Thanks for any help.

Yes it is legal. It sounds like a prewar Junior so pics would help. As for selling it you are on the right site.

I would like to ask for first dibs but I think I might be breaking the rules!

Privately owned airguns can be sent through the post, I suggest you post some pics on here to get opinions on valuation, cost of postage will be about £5 so no big deal.

Oh, by the way it is Webley, not a football pitch!
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Help required

Thanks for this will get pics posted asap, as for the football pitch damn autotext

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Once a value is established (agree, it sounds like a pre-war Webley Junior to me, too), yes you can sell it, and post it, as a private individual, although the relevant -- and quite vibrant -- sales section of this forum won't be visible to your log-in until the site moderators (of which I used to be one, for my sins lol), have a bit of a better picture of you, which iirc usually coincides with your fifth contribution/post or thread? By the way my friend, WELCOME to the Airgun BBS.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Once a value is established (agree, it sounds like a pre-war Webley Junior to me, too), yes you can sell it, and post it, as a private individual, although the relevant -- and quite vibrant -- sales section of this forum won't be visible to your log-in until the site moderators (of which I used to be one, for my sins lol), have a bit of a better picture of you, which iirc usually coincides with your fifth contribution/post or thread? By the way my friend, WELCOME to the Airgun BBS.

Gareth- Would he be able to offer it for sale in the old fogeys corner as soon as he decides how much he wants for it?

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Gareth- Would he be able to offer it for sale in the old fogeys corner as soon as he decides how much he wants for it?

Cheers, John
    OI Remember where you are. We are here, you know?
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    OI Remember where you are. We are here, you know?
    Doh!!, I'm getting senile, I thought i's strayed in to the nasty place that's at the top of the forums list, Where the bigger boys are!!

BTW, I'm an old frogey too! Shall be three score years in 2018

John

Cheers, John

Hi John

When it comes to folks needing information on guns inherited through bereavement, I'm happy for the gentlemen of the collectors section to help in anyway possible.

In other words, once the OP gains a valuation I'd be happy for him to start a sales thread in here.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi John

When it comes to folks needing information on guns inherited through bereavement, I'm happy for the gentlemen of the collectors section to help in anyway possible.

In other words, once the OP gains a valuation I'd be happy for him to start a sales thread in here.

All the best Mick

Cheers Mick

I wasn't sure if a new member had to make a certain amount of posts before they could post in the sales forum, Wasn't sure also that if they needed to make say 50 posts whether they could actually put an old gun for sale in the civilised forum

Regards, John

Cheers, John
    As per Baz's opening posts when he set this section up ten and a bit years ago, yes, legal limit collectable air guns can be advertised for sale, ergo sold in this here exclusive section, and while also being simultaneously advertised for sale in the main sales bit, too (although then, and now, I strongly recommend each advert in each section makes reference to the other advert, so as to avoid any bun fights which may otherwise ensue ).

Grey area here, however, is that the o-p hasn't accrued enough AG BBS history to be granted access to the sales section, so arguably (although in my day I would have been fine with it, given the circumstances), strictly speaking he needs to gain the blessing of a current active mod before starting a fresh thread in here to sell it ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

Hi John

All the best Mick
    Ahh-ha ... There ya go. Guess I should learn to read all of a thread's additions before commenting on one in isolation ??? I'll get me coat lol.

WARNING! You are in Scotland and it is NOT legal for you to have it without an AWC. If you get caught with it you could be in big trouble as Police Scotland are still in the "Look at all the results we're getting with this new legislation" phase.

Tread carefully sir.

I think he's near Holmfirth in W Yorks.

If you are in W Yorks then you can possess it unless precluded under Section 21 of the Firearms Act....
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Sorry, didn't know there was another Wishaw