Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Airgunner HW35E

This Tinbum fella seems to have built a large part of his identity and world view on hating an inanimate object. Here in the states EVERYBODY loves the HW35 and we have it from the CIA that the Queen has one propped up in the corner of her closet, hidden from the rascally great grandkids. It is only a matter of time before young George finds it and starts popping sparrows from the battlements. LLtQ!

I wouldn't rely on the CIA for their intelligence. The Royals might have some German ancestry but a HW35 is going too far. We all know that they use a Webley MKIV or Fosbery for everything including vermin. Only upstarts like 007 use things like a Walther LP53 or FWB 65 for promotional shots.

The HW35 is a bit of a Tiger Tank: Germanic, heavy and blocky. No two run the same. Not as elegant as a Webley MKIII, nor slim and sporting like a BSA Airsporter. Sure they shoot better but thats not cricket. Anyhow the Original 45 is nicer in every way; the Panther of 80's springers. The FWB Sport the prettiest of them all. All eclipsed by the Theoben Serroco.
    Last edited by Muskett; 15-09-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scrane View Post
    Here in the states EVERYBODY loves the HW35 and we have it from the CIA that the Queen has one propped up in the corner of her closet, hidden from the rascally great grandkids.
    ' the queen' I hope you are not referring to our beloved BTDT!

A couple of years ago I managed to swap a R/H Export stock for the equivalent in L/h. I had never seen one in the flesh only in the Optima adverts of that period.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    ... The earlier more rounded Deluxe is a different matter. https://imgur.com/tUwKRKi
    Affectionately known as the ballbag-variant

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    ...Left handed must be a bit awkward with the barrel lock...
    LH is no problem on the 35 you'll be glad to hear. It was originally designed for lefties*, then they figured out if was ok for righties too.

AA's TX wins the awkward prize, Mk 1 excepted of course.

*probably

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    And again from 1984. Nice to see they recognise the superiority of the Luxus model over all others too as reflected by their pricing.

Tinners doesn't like them 'cos he's too short for these manly rifles. His CoG is also a little... low?!

Oi! I resemble that comment!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

[...]

LH is no problem on the 35 you'll be glad to hear. It was originally designed for lefties*, then they figured out if was ok for righties too.

[...]

*probably
    Nope, I don't care about lefties.

However, I've been trying to remove your first asterisk from my screen for five minutes. I thought it was a dirty mark.

Affectionately known as the ballbag-variant

I dont think I will ever be able to caress it to my cheeks with the same enthusiasm again.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I dont think I will ever be able to caress it to my cheeks with the same enthusiasm again.
    Do you mean that when you do it would make you think of an HW35?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Do you mean that when you do it would make you think of an HW35?
    Thats the good bit. The bad bit is the reference to the 'veg recepticle'.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Oi! I resemble that comment!
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Nope, I don't care about lefties.
    However, I've been trying to remove your first asterisk from my screen for five minutes. I thought it was a dirty mark.
    "I don't care about lefties." That's an outrageous discriminatory remark , fortunately God's a leftie and she was laughing at you rubbing your screen*.

caress it to my cheeks
    The use of the plural is most disturbing IJ.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    For those with no love for the design of the 35, fair enough, everyone's entitled to an opinion.

However, surely its importance can't be argued? A true game changer which showed how most manufacturer's offerings of the time came up short. It was the benchmark against which other spring guns were measured and aided the development of subsequent springers . We're all better off for the HW35's existence.

* Just for you Phil

We're all better off for the HW35's existence
    Undoubtedly...

I think it would be more apt to say Record Trigger. At least they are found on rifles I like.
    I just prefer The Original 45 or FWB Sport or even HW77. It took the HW35 years and years to get out of the farm yard and even then it needed to be fettled to do that. The Original 45 forced forward an upgrade to the HW35 giving the HW80 and the superb HW77. The Sport was a sporting rifle unlike the HW35 which was a HW55 with some changes. The HW55 was a bell target rifle.
    The HW35 is a fine rifle of it time. A true springer and well made. An interesting rifle to collect. I think BSF's have it too. Sadly don't do enough for me, and there are other rifles I like more. Love the trigger though.

And again from 1984. Nice to see they recognise the superiority of the Luxus model over all others too as reflected by their pricing.

Tinners doesn't like them 'cos he's too short for these manly rifles. His CoG is also a little... low?!
    That Luxus is a beaut.
    I was having a look about for a HW30 for Sarah to use but I think she's going to end up with a Luxus that had a visit to Shaun at ISP.

Obviously I might enjoy the odd shot with it too...
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by scrane View Post
    This Tinbum fella seems to have built a large part of his identity and world view on hating an inanimate object. Here in the states EVERYBODY loves the HW35 and we have it from the CIA that the Queen has one propped up in the corner of her closet, hidden from the rascally great grandkids. It is only a matter of time before young George finds it and starts popping sparrows from the battlements. LLtQ!
    I certainly hope not because here in the UK sparrows are a protected species. It would be terrible to have a future King with a criminal record.
    I take it the sparrow is a legitimate target in the US.
    Cheers, Phil