Thread: anschutz 333

anschutz 333

today i received in the post a rear sight for my 333,assembled and ready to fit only to find the dovetail on the sight too large to fit the breach. the sight is correct in every other way but this seems like a tricky fix to me,i suppose it will be a case of removing the dovetail and filing down to fit.the dovetail on the sight base is way too big.any advise would be appreciated to remedy this.just can't believe there are 2 different sizes. thanks for looking.

Yes, there is a different sight on the 333 as opposed to the 335.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/68145...35+First+model

--------------------------
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by frakor View Post
    Yes, there is a different sight on the 333 as opposed to the 335.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/68145...35+First+model

--------------------------
    Frank
    hello Frank,yes but this is a 333 sight and i have a 333,i checked your images,thanks.i have spent part of the afternoon reducing the sight dovetail to fit(well almost).as a matter of interest the sight foot is 12mm and rifle dovetail is 10mm. taking it a bit at a time,you know when you just take a little more off and the sight drops right through the dovetail.not too difficult to tighten if this happens. ATB

There are 3 different pdf files for the 330-333-335 on the Anschutz site.

The rearsight base for the 333 is the same for 1975 and 1981 (6696U1), BUT the 1993 rearsight base has a different number (6676AU1).

Without knowing the age of the rifle you are bound to get the wrong one (allways happens) when ordering.

------------------------------
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by frakor View Post
    There are 3 different pdf files for the 330-333-335 on the Anschutz site.

The rearsight base for the 333 is the same for 1975 and 1981 (6696U1), BUT the 1993 rearsight base has a different number (6676AU1).

Without knowing the age of the rifle you are bound to get the wrong one (allways happens) when ordering.

------------------------------
    Frank
    Cheers Frank,I had to get it wrong but it is redeemable with my file and patience.I have to say that the unit i have is nice quality,shame about the dovetail issue.I will resolve it tomorrow. ps. serial number is 87457,guessing that may be a later model?.there is also more than one front sight to fit this rifle,one being taller and longer,both with adjustable post. thanks,john.
    Last edited by isobar; 29-09-2017 at 09:29 AM.