Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: polishing internals

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Get a dilapidated older second-hand break-barrel of some kind and work through this ...

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ing-Gun-Tuning

you will get the idea and then you can move on to your pride & joy.

No need to over polish it so as you can see your face in it ....just enough to remove any machine marks so as the grease/paste sticks better
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Get an HW35 and work through this ...

you will get the idea and you won't care when its utterly ruined. Then you can move on to your pride & joy.

Great idea!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Sand paper is for wood

Quote Originally Posted by KeithS View Post
    Sand paper is for wood
    Quite ....for chippys not engineers

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Great idea!
    HW35 AGAIN??????????????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnWgGrgDjA8

HW35 AGAIN??????????????

Not again. Always!

Not again. Always!
    If Weihrauch deleted the manual lock and stuck it in a 'skinny' stock and called it the Weihrauch HW80 Kurt-Stroke you would be all over it like a rash. Like a rash made of pasties!

If Weihrauch deleted the manual lock and stuck it in a 'skinny' stock and called it the Weihrauch HW80 Kurt-Stroke you would be all over it like a rash. Like a rash made of pasties!
    So, a short stroked 30mm piston with a 20th century chisel detent, a decent stock and shorter, screwcut barrel all weighing in similar to a 95?

Yep, I'd buy it.

My 80 has the same stroke as the 35 and it is simply fabulous!

So, a short stroked 30mm piston with a 20th century chisel detent, a decent stock and shorter, screwcut barrel all weighing in similar to a 95?

Yep, I'd buy it.
    Well that is what it would say on the box.... but then you would open it and see the 22" long skinny barrel, 1950s open sights, the pregnant-bellied fore-end and hog's back walnut stock with white-line spacers and cut-out for the latch and .... Then you would wake up. It was just a 35mare.

Get a dilapidated older second-hand break-barrel of some kind and work through this ...

you will get the idea and then you can move on to your pride & joy.
    Blimey ...i would imagine the thing might blow up after introducing all those emoilents into a diesel cannon like a 35....soaking the Leather washer completely in SM50 ...eek..
    That stuff semi explosive and a years supply on board that soaked leather i shouldnt wonder ....��

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    Blimey ...i would imagine the thing might blow up after introducing all those emoilents into a diesel cannon like a 35....soaking the Leather washer completely in SM50 ...eek..
    That stuff semi explosive and a years supply on board that soaked leather i shouldnt wonder ....��
    Old school tune for old school springers, tried and tested for decades. After 50 or 100 shots it will be burning sweetly like Mr Cardew's enthusiasm... SM50 is not particularly detonation-prone, you want some 3-In-1 for that.

Old school tune for old school springers, tried and tested for decades. After 50 or 100 shots it will be burning sweetly like Mr Cardew's enthusiasm... SM50 is not particularly detonation-prone, you want some 3-In-1 for that.
    I always found it massively so...even in pistols ....smelly and quite dirty on barrels too.
    Cardews burning sweetly view for power totally collapsed on the field target circuit at that time...
    Plenty of fuel for power but couldnt hit a barn door....HW35s running like that typically returned 3 to 4 " groups under field conditions at 35 yds run like that ....all the tuning houses turning on his idea for fun..
    I remember working with Dave Welham on just such a project ....in the early days of chucking out the leather washer.
    Finally resigned to dusty bin by every other model and tuning house at the time....
    The 35 leather washer did have its use in calming the poor parameters of the gun to a sweeter shooter than the plastics available but a difficult nut to crack .....matched almost nothing on the circuit ...trounced by even avg FWBs, Originals etc..

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    I always found it massively so...even in pistols ....smelly and quite dirty on barrels too.
    Cardews burning sweetly view for power totally collapsed on the field target circuit at that time...
    Plenty of fuel for power but couldnt hit a barn door....HW35s running like that typically returned 3 to 4 " groups under field conditions at 35 yds run like that ....all the tuning houses turning on his idea for fun..
    I remember working with Dave Welham on just such a project ....in the early days of chucking out the leather washer.
    Finally resigned to dusty bin by every other model and tuning house at the time....
    The 35 leather washer did have its use in calming the poor parameters of the gun to a sweeter shooter than the plastics available but a difficult nut to crack .....matched almost nothing on the circuit ...trounced by even avg FWBs, Originals etc..
    With a standard spring the leather washer treated with SM50 works extremely well in my experience. Perhaps if the rifle is fitted with an overpower spring it will diesel, but with a stock spring after the running in period they are fine. My HW35 and Hammerli 401 of that period shot very accurately, the 35 would cut groups at 30 yards of about 20mm with H&N Match pellets. Many shooters on this forum know the excellent accuracy the pre-War BSA underlevers can give, and they all have leather washers.

The Original 45 that was trouncing BSAs and Webleys and sometimes FWB Sports, all fitted with synthetic washers, was a leather-washer rifle, as was the Anschutz 335 which took some trophies. The Weihrauch HW55, possibly the most accurate Weihrauch until the 77 came along, was a leather-washer rifle.

With a standard spring the leather washer treated with SM50 works extremely well in my experience. Perhaps if the rifle is fitted with an overpower spring it will diesel, but with a stock spring after the running in period they are fine. My HW35 and Hammerli 401 of that period shot very accurately, the 35 would cut groups at 30 yards of about 20mm with H&N Match pellets. Many shooters on this forum know the excellent accuracy the pre-War BSA underlevers can give, and they all have leather washers.

The Original 45 that was trouncing BSAs and Webleys and sometimes FWB Sports, all fitted with synthetic washers, was a leather-washer rifle, as was the Anschutz 335 which took some trophies. The Weihrauch HW55, possibly the most accurate Weihrauch until the 77 came along, was a leather-washer rifle.
    agreeing with all those and some of the more vintage stuff but so inconsistant....occasional fliers etc ..fuel burnt off and power drops but the 35 a bugger ....with bad a compression ratio....it never really won anything and wasnt favoured by many except a rough shoot gun.