Zero58,

It all depends on how much you are willing to spend.

As Mr. Carter says, the price differential between 'cheaper' pellets and 'top-notch' is not great, so you may as well use the top-notch and not loose any sleep.

Last Friday I bought some RWS Hobby, and some RWS R10 Pistol pellets ; I bought 5000 of each, and this worked out to :

Hobby = 0.89 p/pellet

R10 = 1.5 p/pellet

(The Hobby's were bought exclusively for 'plinking')

So for a 120 shot session, the Hobby's would cost £1.07, and the R10s £1.89 - 80 p more 'expensive' per 120 shot session.

Only you can say whether this is significant.

My Tau7 shoots extremely well with the RWS R10s, and also with the JSB Match (Green, 7.33 gr.), and these pellets are what I use the most in my 'match' pistols & rifles.

The Tau 7 also shoots JSB Express (7.87 gr. 'field' pellets) very well indeed, so you are not necessarily stuck with using only flat headed 'match' pellets.

However, if the pellets are not used for 'critical' applications (target matches, hunting), then shoot whatever you are comfortable with.

I doubt whether any of the pellets from the respected companies (JSB, RWS, H&N) could be deemed truly and absolutely sh!te, so get yourself some RWS Hobby/CO2, and a tin of RWS R10s or JSB Match or Qiang Yuan to compare with, and have a play.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ