Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post

The wind was pretty severe but I can’t even blame that as my mate coped very well with his .22 HW95.
Ha ha. Yes I can see that, because as controversial as the following may prove to be for some on here, I have found repeatedly over the years, that in extreme wind (as yesterday most certainly was), that I have had better luck when shooting sub 12ft.lb with .22 than .177, despite the argument that the bigger pellet catches more wind?

Could this be down to the .22 pellet's extra weight punching better through the wind? My get out of jail caveat to note, here, however, is that when it is particularly windy, as yesterday was, notwithstanding when in a competition during the same, when I am only plinking in the wind (as I was on this occasion), sub 12ft.lb, I seldom bother shooting out any further than 35 yards, so the pellet's given momentum is pretty much at it's max between the end of my barrel and the target.

Okay, my battle bowler is on, so feel free to rip me to shreds and blind me with science if you must, but as all the above has been said from the stand point of one who in the main prefers .177 to .22 sub 12ft.lb, you'll have your work cut out to convince me that my physical 'real-time' experiences of favouring the larger cal when shooting through the wind (be it head on, from side to side, or from behind) is flawed, so fill yer boots