Page 119 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 3106

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Got a pristine condition Dan Wesson 2.5" barrel Co2 BB revolver in nickel listed in the sales section with six spare cartridge shells, and secure signed for post for £125 if that is any good?
    Thanks for the offer mate, but I think I want something with a little more length, maybe 6"

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Thanks for the offer mate, but I think I want something with a little more length, maybe 6"
    Please, no more details!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Personally I'm surprised Dave's not more worried about girth

Like a pipe-cleaner, apparently

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Like a pipe-cleaner, apparently
    You been looking ? Or did Jamie tell ye ?

You been looking ? Or did Jamie tell ye ?
    I read your ad on the toilet wall in Morrisons.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I read your ad on the toilet wall in Morrisons.
    Is he advertising rifles in there too now?

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

No worries.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Cheers for all the input, boys.

Nick - shortly after I'd posted last night I watched a review on the Baikal. Many positives but the plastic breech block would be a little off-putting, methinks. It might stand the test of time, dunno, especially with the tough Russian build, but doesn't 100% inspire confidence. And, in the video I saw, the tester had to keep pushing the rear sight down after every few shots. So dunno....

Had to log off shortly afterwards. After tea, I showed the Mrs (who never takes any interest in guns) and Frankie some images of all three and they both said "Vigilante". I do quite like its funky looks and it would be very different to anything else I have, too, so looking like the favourite at the moment.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

.sorry, had to log off earlier. The other factor re getting an older rifle, like Mel's or any other of the golden oldies re Jamie's comments, is that, although I love those older rifles and I'm sure they'd be a far better buy for the long term (collectability and future rising values) and that they have bucketfuls of old school charm, it wouldn't seem quite right to me to have received it as a present to then start ripping it to bits to sort various issues present. Whereas a new gun can just come out of the packaging and is ready to play.

Not that there'll be much playtime this Christmas - unless we hear any different, we're just closed on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.

Any of you peeps had any first hand experience if the Vigilante? Most of what I've seen online points at it being a very accurate little pistol and great value. The fast fire capability adds another dimension as a can-mangler supreme. And, maybe, with the sort of accuracy reported, if we did run something similar to CraigP's Three Gun Challenge at a future event, it'd perform that particular pistol role quite well, at a guess?

I seem to recall that Jon Budd spoke quite highly of the Vigilante's predecessor?

Oh yes.....cool name and Dirty Harry-esque looks too!

But no Boing.

So here's one........BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Hey, Dave.....maybe you ought to also consider the Vigilante? I've been a little intrigued by them for a while. Large pistol, cool looks, reportedly very accurate and not daft money even at the new price?

Or a 2240 if a single shot will suffice? As in like the Ratty of mine that you used on the way to conquer all in the Three Gun Challenge?

What was the Vigilantes predecessor ? I'm in the market for a CO2 pistol I've had 2240,s Tone, I want multi shot for fun.

Naughty log on from work...I think it was simply called the ".357", Dave.

See ya later.

As the weather was completely pants this morning I decided to go Christmas shopping for the boss, that sorted easier than I'd expected raced home to zero/try the first of the .25,s.
    The weather was still persisting down but suffering a bit of cabin fever I thought sod it.
    Half hour im pissed wet through and run out-of elevation at 25 yds, the pellets still three feet low but centred nicely. Pretty close to spitting my dummy out I look at the rifle thinking a bloody lemon,oh. the front mount is floating above the rail completely, not worked loose, the Muppet who sold it had done it up completely thinking it was in the grooves
    Probably sold the collection of rifles because he couldn't hit anything with them.
    Anyway, now roughly zeroed, not a pleasant trigger on the lightening, I will definitely be speaking to wonky or Tony wall to get it sorted.
    The barrel is definitely a loose fit with the flavours tried so far, I guess that answers Chris,s question about which barrel. I will have to ask Steve to make a pellet sizer that makes the pellets bigger, not smaller.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    As the weather was completely pants this morning I decided to go Christmas shopping for the boss, that sorted easier than I'd expected raced home to zero/try the first of the .25,s.
    The weather was still persisting down but suffering a bit of cabin fever I thought sod it.
    Half hour im pissed wet through and run out-of elevation at 25 yds, the pellets still three feet low but centred nicely. Pretty close to spitting my dummy out I look at the rifle thinking a bloody lemon,oh. the front mount is floating above the rail completely, not worked loose, the Muppet who sold it had done it up completely thinking it was in the grooves
    Probably sold the collection of rifles because he couldn't hit anything with them.
    Anyway, now roughly zeroed, not a pleasant trigger on the lightening, I will definitely be speaking to wonky or Tony wall to get it sorted.
    The barrel is definitely a loose fit with the flavours tried so far, I guess that answers Chris,s question about which barrel. I will have to ask Steve to make a pellet sizer that makes the pellets bigger, not smaller.
    Sounds like that Christmas shopping was done Far too quickly Jamie, you'll be in trouble I reckon

I've actually 'floated' a scope mount before, easy done with aging eyes and dim lights buts it's good you spotted it quickly

Mmm, 'loose fits', how many flavours did you try ?

I've put 200 'big un's' through mine now. Had a few hours at my range and I am very, very pleased with it, it is extremely accurate and not twangy at all. I did chrono it today too

Now, get back out to that shop and get all those things you forgot to get in your haste to get back home and play
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22