The BSA Buccaneer (the latest incarnation) is badged BSA using some Gamo parts. Those parts may or may not be made in Spain, even if the rifle is assembled in Spain it has a BSA badge rather than a Gamo badge, who cares? It is what it is. The badge doesn't make it shoot better or worse. It doesn't necessarily say that the design or the assembly quality is any better either. I am not privy to any information regards warranty return rates per guns sold, only BSA and Gamo know this.
I have tuned and repaired lots of rifles from many manufacturers and can point out poor workmanship, quality control or design issues with many manufacturers. Every manufacturer has made mistakes at some point in their lives. I stated my experience with Gamo Phox and Coyote.
The original statement made by you that I wished to clarify was: "The Phox is based on the Ultra" and then you followed it with "The Phox is based on the Ultra SE" neither of these statements are true, the Ultra and Ultra SE have very few interchangeable parts with the Phox or Coyote.
The Phox, Coyote and Buccaneer are cheaper rifles, built to a price bracket lower than the BSA Ultra and Scorpion models. They are not identical.
The Phox, Coyote and Buccaneer are all acceptable guns for the price but don't mislead people (unintentionally?) into thinking the Phox is a bargain Ultra SE.