Bozzer, I'll write my comment again as you tactically removed the middle line

I shoot a lot of HFT now and I'm trying to get more people shooting springers. As part of this I'm going to be reviewing a whole load of springers next year. Testing loads of things including accuracy at 45 yards. Starting off with budget guns, and hopefully moving up in price/quality as funds or lending allows.
I want to show that springers, even cheaper ones can be accurate if you learn them

I don't want to get lumped in with the 'springers are just as good as PCP's' debate because I never claimed that.

But lets say a group of people were to come up to me and say 'I fancy a go at HFT, what do I need?'
If my reply is, 'you need an HFT500, and some charging equipment, and a £250 scope, and a £70 mat, and some special shoes. Call it a £1300 to be safe'. How many people do you think will end up having a go?
If I said, 'you can start with this springer and scope for £300 and some pellets', I bet a lot more people would try it.

I started a year ago with a Walther Terrus and £50 scope, and had enough fun to get really into it. If I'd been told it was pointless and I needed to spend a grand first I wouldn't have bothered and would probably still be sat in front of my playstation at the weekends.