Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Ranger or Wolverine B

Quote Originally Posted by jps norton View Post
    Am considering a bottle fed Daystate and was wondering which would be a better buy between an Air Ranger and a Wolverine.

Any comments or advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Personally, having only briefly owned a Wolverine B type I think they are probably both quality built accurate rifles. The two things that I didn't care for which are common to both are the low comb height and being quite bulky though not heavy. My wolverine had a hugget belita on the end which made it feel massively long so I sacrificed a bit of suppression and relied on the shroud which was fine for me. If neither of the above is an issue for you then the Ranger is probably the better buy as I assume it would be cheaper for a similar looking and performing gun.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by 12/200 View Post
    BBs 400cc & under no test
    The 500cc Carbon are a 10 yr life ( i think )
    The carbon fibre bottles are different and do have a finite life as you say. In the real world however I'm not certain what this means as you don't actually take them in to a dive shop for filling so any rule could be ignored by the owner. The bigger carbon fibre tanks I understand have to be junked as most of us don't have our own compressors so we have to get them filled and tested.The real hazard is when you condsider how many rusty rifle tubes are out there on older rifles with no checks made on them whatsoever.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    The carbon fibre bottles are different and do have a finite life as you say. In the real world however I'm not certain what this means as you don't actually take them in to a dive shop for filling so any rule could be ignored by the owner. The bigger carbon fibre tanks I understand have to be junked as most of us don't have our own compressors so we have to get them filled and tested.The real hazard is when you condsider how many rusty rifle tubes are out there on older rifles with no checks made on them whatsoever.
    Carbon fibre buddy bottles are 15 years . I know this because iv just had a look at the one i fitted to my air ranger

22 cal Air Ranger I know of one that might be available

Shot about 25 times

daystate Wolverine B. in 177cal

HI, I Have a daystate Wolverine B. in 177cal one of the most accurit air rifles i have shot and you cannot double cock them ,had a few air rangers and they have been supper accurit guns ,but to me the wolverine has the edge on them,i gas my wolverine up to 170 bar and with boxed crossman premiars you get the same size hole as 177 pellet at 30 yd, hope this helps bob.

Quote Originally Posted by fife View Post
    HI, I Have a daystate Wolverine B. in 177cal one of the most accurate air rifles i have shot and you cannot double cock them ,had a few air rangers and they have been supper accurate guns ,but to me the wolverine has the edge on them,i gas my wolverine up to 170 bar and with boxed crossman premiers you get the same size hole as 177 pellet at 30 yd, hope this helps bob.
    cant double cock BUT no telling ( apart from counting the shots) when one has used the last pellet

cant double cock BUT no telling ( apart from counting the shots) when one has used the last pellet
    How frustrating is that and allways with a sitter in the scope you get a PUFT

Thats the only reason I sold my wildcat, after years of 17shots and the closed chamber of my rapids it seemed like it was happening every few minutes, I did plug the mag of my s510 to stop it though, you could do that to the DS mag..

Like I stated earlier, mk2 or mfr Lee
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    Like I stated earlier, mk2 or mfr Lee
    Does that mean you are going to sell me your HFT Bits and Pieces Rapid mate?
    One Hit Wonder

Ive got his MFR ( now in .22 trim )

Ive got his MFR ( now in .22 trim )

On loan Rog'
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Ive been useing the TX mate, thats my hft weapon now

I did try the AA barrel the day I met you and it was good, but since then its been in locker, but I dont think I could let it go mate, your welcome to use it though, I thought to myself you would go get a springer after showing me how to shoot the TX ????

My 22mm kit should be here soon, cant wait

Chris

daystate Wolverine B. in 177cal

What is the red face for mate have you got blood pressure LOL, I never run down on air as i have i have been at this job a very long time ,atb bob.