Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there a decent .25 Springer out there?

Hw95 in .25 6 weeks from ordering to delivery
    Superb rat basher in .25 using hnftt 18 grain pellets and also gun for knocking tins about

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post

I have spoken to Vic at Protek and he confirms they were Turkish built Webleys. Identical to the British built ones and they said Webley on the cylinder.
    Brilliant up-date. Thank you. God I love this section, as we discuss and solve all kinds of air gun related histories, as thankfully, in here, every day is a school day.

So your correct statement that you handled a brand new sub 12ft.lb Patriot a couple of years back, and the time line anomaly that showed said gun could not have been a proper Webley are explained by my point number two above then -- namely that the Patriots Protec had weren't real Webleys, but re-badged foreign imports, of which it appears around fifteen were made.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket launcher View Post

Hw95 in .25 6 weeks from ordering to delivery
    Superb rat basher in .25 using hnftt 18 grain pellets and also gun for knocking tins about
    Sound fantastic, and also, said HW95 .25 now duly added to my ever-growing, never quenchable wish-list thirst for interesting air guns, lol.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Never even considered a WH, and the BSA underlever! Now does that BSA have "real" scope rails on it? .....so many guns ....so little money!

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    An HW .25 barrel on something with a decent swept volume (95 or 80) should be perfect...
    You have hit my answer to this question firmly on the head. Having just picked up a .25" HW80k barrel from the bay of fleas I now need to decide if I fit it to my old school HW85 or if I pick up an 80 or 95 donor project???
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

I meant the Patriot in FAC as it was meant to be.
    I also mean the Hatsans in FAC.
    Imo, .25 doesnt have much use in 12Ftp.
    I had a few .25s but all FAC; at least 20Ftp, upto 40 Ftp for the Hassan
    ATB,
    yana

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    I have spoken to Vic at Protek and he confirms they were Turkish built Webleys. Identical to the British built ones and they said Webley on the cylinder.
    very interesting, thanks...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    You have hit my answer to this question firmly on the head. Having just picked up a .25" HW80k barrel from the bay of fleas I now need to decide if I fit it to my old school HW85 or if I pick up an 80 or 95 donor project???
    Rich.
    Either will be fine - the old 85 has a fair bit of extra swept volume (same as the current 95), so won't lose barrel pressure too quickly as that big slug advances down the bore...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Either will be fine - the old 85 has a fair bit of extra swept volume (same as the current 95), so won't lose barrel pressure too quickly as that big slug advances down the bore...
    Will that be the same sort of scenario with a Supersport as I'm thinking of putting my 10" .25 Lightning barrel on it?

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Will that be the same sort of scenario with a Supersport as I'm thinking of putting my 10" .25 Lightning barrel on it?

Pete
    I beleive they went up to about 16 FP, so yeah, should be just fine.

I've got two here at present, a 77 which I really like and a lightening that I like but doesn't fit in with my collection so will possibly be moving on.
    The striker mentioned was ordered in at the Dorset branch but the guy never came back.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I beleive they went up to about 16 FP, so yeah, should be just fine.
    Thanks for that Jon, looks like it's going .25 then.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in