Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
Hi all,

I've decided I'm going to sell all my Diana 34/XS208 stuff, I have a selection of parts which I believe will fetch more money if sold in parts than as a whole rifle, now for once I'm actually going to sell something to make as much money back as possible, as we all know we loose enough money on project rifles as it is if sold whole, I know it upsets a lot of people to see decent rifles split up and sold as parts and it seems to be the trend on evilbay nowadays.

So what are the collectives thoughts on the matter.

Pete
I think it depends on your conscience and what the item is, if it's fairly common & still made then yep break it for parts.
But when it's something no longer made & becoming more difficult to obtain, yes I mean Rapids, to me it's utter sacrilege to break them for parts just to make an extra couple of quid at the expense of removing another complete rifle from the market when half the bits are probably going to end up in someone's parts bin.

As said above just because the value on paper is more in parts than as a whole does not mean you're going to sell all the bits, plus there's the cost & time of p&p to consider, but it's your property to do as you want.