Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Most underrated air rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    That would be the Worcestershire Black Powder Supplies' Marauder then, Martyn. Lovely.
    Ah yes, sorry Tony (and Jim), it was a beauty, remember a write up in one of the mags
    Last edited by MartynB; 31-12-2017 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

BSA spitfire for me, bought mine for a steal as it was leaking, can't fault it now. My son loves it, although I did get asked by a pal why I have a bipod on a lightning 🙄

sharps innova or the ace for me

Very much a "Marmite' gun (and believe me, you'll either love it or you'll hate it and 'more often than not' it'll be both at the same time) but I'll give a shout for the 'BSA Lightning XLT' do yer homework so far as pellet selection goes and learn to shoot the thing properly and it's a little beastie really, far to many people give up on it far to quickly in my opinion...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I bet the most under-rated air-rifle is something everyone has overlooked, as there are notoriously under-rated rifles like the 335 that come up again and again, ergo they cannot be THAT under-rates because a significant minority rate them.

It must be something like a Cometa, a Norica or a modern Baikal springer. Because they have been over-looked, no-one can even see them...

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I bet the most under-rated air-rifle is something everyone has overlooked, as there are notoriously under-rated rifles like the 335 that come up again and again, ergo they cannot be THAT under-rates because a significant minority rate them.

It must be something like a Cometa, a Norica or a modern Baikal springer. Because they have been over-looked, no-one can even see them...
    The Annie 335 is probably over-rated. Not under. A BSA Mercury S (with reliability issues) masquerading as an FWB Sport?

Slavias? Cheap, nice, good, largely unknown?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    The Annie 335 is probably over-rated. Not under. A BSA Mercury S (with reliability issues) masquerading as an FWB Sport?

Slavias? Cheap, nice, good, largely unknown?
    The Slavias are very nice rifles and they sell possibly the only springer apart from Air Arms with a rear-bearing on the piston. The thing is they have poor aesthetics, like they were designed for sale in Machine Mart, not sexy. Nice to hold and shoot, but unattractive in a dowdy utilitarian way. Given their low price you are probably right that they are the most under-rated...

Annie was OK, the trigger is excellent (unlike the Merc, POS) and the open sights are superb, got one on my BSA Meteor..

Webley Tracker

Webley Tracker. Despite the reletively low power of around 10 ft/bs I think they are one of the best handling rifles even today. Yes they won't compete with other marques in the accuracy stakes much beyond 30 yards, but back when they were introduced, most including myself, only thought airguns good for 25/30 yards anyway.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

secretagentmole Guest
    The Slavias are very nice rifles and they sell possibly the only springer apart from Air Arms with a rear-bearing on the piston. The thing is they have poor aesthetics, like they were designed for sale in Machine Mart, not sexy. Nice to hold and shoot, but unattractive in a dowdy utilitarian way. Given their low price you are probably right that they are the most under-rated...

Annie was OK, the trigger is excellent (unlike the Merc, POS) and the open sights are superb, got one on my BSA Meteor..
    Styling by HW then....

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    The B2 was as cheap as it was nasty, becoming worthless in fairly short order...
    Bby contrast I suspect the majority of Meteors just get handed down through families or given away as gifts getting the next generation started...

I bet the most under-rated air-rifle is something everyone has overlooked, as there are notoriously under-rated rifles like the 335 that come up again and again
    I mentioned the 335 way back in the thread
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Makes me think of the Cometa 400 Fenix we had for a short time. On par with some walthers but never hear anything about them

Hello to All,

In the late 1970s, I had a 0.177" Wischo S55 (IIRC, equivalent to the BSF S60).

It was a true pocket rocket, and it made around 10.5 ft.lb (measurements from a home built chrono' at the time - so who knows what the 'real' output was ).

I stripped and polished and correctly lubed the trigger (when new, the trigger had a sh!te let off ), and when finished it broke at a crisp 4 lb.

The Rekord's on my friends HWs, could certainly be adjusted to a sweeter, lighter pull.

I really liked the compactness, and the horse-power, and the accuracy was good 'field' accuracy.

Today, I don't know what I would make of the Wischo - it was almost forty (40) years ago, and I suppose rose-tinted glasses might be at work

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day

Puts me in mind of the Baikal IZH 53M - an accurate and robust spring pistol with a lovely long sightbase.
    Could be considered under-rated?
    Good deals with these members