We just had a great morning at the club. A british ex-pat member let me have a go with a few pistols starting with a Hammerli .22 target pistol. Within a few mags I was getting them all in the black at 25m, I'm dead chuffed with that! Next I had a couple of cyclinders through a .38 special which I loved, then he put six .357's in. HOLY CRAP! Jamie told me about this, but I wasn't really prepared for the difference.

I've been given permission to use air rifles on the 50m range as I have assured them I'll be able to hit the targets. I'm gonna need more practice!
So, which air rifle to use? I have the 50j kit for the Evanix, but that would mean filling every six shots, I could go 20j with the Steyr, but again, filling is a pain.
Only one thing for it, High Powered Boinger Time! Favourites are either the ultra short HW97 which should be ready for building by the time I return which will go nicely at sub 20j, or the HW80. If I knocked the short stroke off it would go to around 20j, 24-26 if I put a new spring in. The tricky part is not being able to compare them beforehand. I would have to prep the parts to "Best Guess" in the Uk before bringing them out to try.
Still, full powered HW80.......