Quote Originally Posted by Lol Moore View Post

Anyway the question was raised in my mind about what would happen if the crown was out of square, well if you can imagine the moment the pellet tail leaves the crown IF the pellet tail is square and the crown is not then air would leave the space created first so throwing the pellet off and creating a flyer, that's the theory...

So following that theory through then surely every pellet would "fly" off in the same direction so if it was small you would never notice this as it would be dialled out when you set up the scope, it would be a constant.
On first thought after reading your post I was thinking the same, that you would get a bias not an increase in dispersion. But, thinking about it that will rely on the pellets being perfect and the C of G being central. Since the C of G is never central I think the relationship between the crown out of square and the position of the pellet C of G offset, which will be different for every pellet, will produce an increase in dispersion. In other words the out of square crown could magnify the effect of an out of centre pellet C of G.
Thats my twopenny worth anyway.