Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
I am the pretty much the opposite and FWB Sports have passed me by. They really would have to be pretty special to
hold a candle to the 45. Ive always thought the Original is one of the best springers ever made in unless there is something incurable holding yours back, it will be worth keeping.
I have a few about the place.
I've got a few Sports and slightly more 45s. I can say that I enjoy shooting both marques. In respect of quality of manufacturing I would say both models are on equal par. However the trigger on the 45 is in a different league to the Sport and is more robust.
As a shooting platform the 45 certainly works better for me on a personal level. The Sport is a cracking gun but the 45 seems more stable and good accuracy achieved tad easier.
Not taking anything away from the Sport as I hold it in high regard. But as I've pointed out before here there is a bit of a herd mentality when it comes to what people consider a practical classic.
I too would put the 45 ahead of the Sport personally though you won't go far wrong with either....