Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diana model 6 cutaway

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    At Kempton Park I got to see a pair of Diana Target pistols. They looked Like an Original 5 and 6 but with wooden furniture. One actually had a double set trigger and the owner said the internals were totally different to originals. I suspect they came from the same source.
    I think the 6 & 5 originally came with wooden grips, and the 6 had an adjustable trigger for a while. Bothearly variants but quite scarce.
    Wish I’d made it to kempton now.

Compare and contrast the technology in the cutaway Diana mod 6 with this cutaway pop-out.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Compare and contrast the technology in the cutaway Diana mod 6 with this cutaway pop-out.
    Springer’s certainly came a long way!

Diana Mod 2 cutaway here:
    https://flickr.com/photos/158270726@...57694287826874
    Not mine, would be a funny comparison

Never could get my head around how push-barrels worked

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    I think the 6 & 5 originally came with wooden grips, and the 6 had an adjustable trigger for a while. Bothearly variants but quite scarce.
    Wish I’d made it to kempton now.
    a double set trigger is something I have never seen on an air pistol. My old free pistol had one. It is not just adjustable it has two triggers one sets the trigger and then the other gives a very light release maybe only 30g but without any danger the gun will just go off.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

a double set trigger is something I have never seen on an air pistol. My old free pistol had one. It is not just adjustable it has two triggers one sets the trigger and then the other gives a very light release maybe only 30g but without any danger the gun will just go off.
    It had 2 separate triggers? Ok, I’ve never seen that on a Diana! Sounds like a safe way to set the let off pressure so low. You’re right, could have come from the showroom in Rastatt too.
    Would have been a great collectors piece. I wonder if it was sold....

At Kempton Park I got to see a pair of Diana Target pistols. They looked Like an Original 5 and 6 but with wooden furniture. One actually had a double set trigger and the owner said the internals were totally different to originals. I suspect they came from the same source.
    I've never heard of a Diana double set trigger although I know they did make a double trigger solely to increase the pull length, and which looks a lot like double set triggers. Could it be one of these, I wonder?

In an old American Vintage Airguns post, Mike Driskill wrote about these Diana triggers:

"You'll never meet an odder-looking trigger than this--the sole function of that extra front trigger blade is to increase the length of pull! It was first offered on the model 65 as an answer to the competition from Anschutz, FWB, and Walther, which had fore-and-aft adjustable trigger blades. Late examples of the model 60, as you can see, also had the mounting hole for this gadget, which is blued sheet metal in contrast to the plastic main trigger blade. Folks are occasionally fooled into thinking this is a double-set trigger, but alas, it's nowhere close."

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Just out of interest, do you remember how much they were going for?

harvey_s is online now Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Thats cool ... Hw many FPS does it do?
    I Think it might have a leak I

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Just out of interest, do you remember how much they were going for?
    They were not for sale the owner was showing them off before the show opened to the public.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

They were not for sale the owner was showing them off before the show opened to the public.

Ah, that makes sense, thanks.

Did you notice if the one with the double trigger was without a serial number?

Rgds,
    Matt.