I missed this thread when it came around first time but picked it up this evening and was both astonished and delighted to see some of the 'items' on display. There are some wonderful collections out there.

Johnbaz's, in particular, I thought was extensive and consisted of some of the best rifles available. Slightly surprised not to see any FWBs, given how popular they are here.

Given the size of many collections, I am wondering how it is possible to shoot all these rifles/pistols. I suppose the answer is that many are never shot. My collection - which I am building since I discovered this site and have been learning something of the various models and makes and their characteristics - is still in single figures but I am, at least, using the constituents at various ranges and with various pellets and discovering their strengths and weaknesses.

I wonder what the various collectors regard as their favourite rifles/pistols and why?

Abasmajor and Binners, if you read this and you are ever are in these parts - I am not so far from both of you - do drop in and bring some of your favourite items. I have plenty of space here and the warmer weather encourages shooting outdoors.