Quote Originally Posted by Telephonepete View Post
yes but i started shooting with a webley and there is a touch of all our yesterdays in the question. can you point me in the direction of webleys that are particularly nice to shoot. ps if i were to buy a mark 1 premier would it be .22 or .177 and what would the price be please?
As above, Premier or Hurricane, or a Senior if it has a decent trigger (they vary).

Mk1s are nice to shoot, but harder to cock than the Premier and Senior. Tempests are also nice to shoot, but like Gareth I prefer the earlier steel pistols, and the Hurricane has better sights for precision work.

Premiers I think sell for something like £100 in well-used but shootable condition, a fair bit more as condition improves.

Hurricanes are more like £70-80 in similar condition in a private sale, up to around £160-180 in excellent condition with the box and extras.

Mint examples, rare variants (eg the 1920s straight-grip target model) are a lot more, and, paralleling other vintage/classic stuff appear to have gone up in value in recent years.