Quote Originally Posted by brassbanjo View Post
I have had one for some time, it is one of the early ones without the power adjuster, only available in .22 at the time.

There were big problems with some of these earlier ones, mine included, but it's sorted now.
Easily the most amazing rifle I ever owned, and a doddle to pump up in sub 12 - no more effort
per shot than a spring rifle, possibly even less (about 24 lbs as far as I can tell with bathroom scales).

It is pretty much exactly 1 pump per shot, so you could use it like a single stroke pneumatic,
but I find it more convenient to shoot about a mags worth
and then top up. It is way easier to pump than a Dragon FT by the way (I have both)

Not sure what to offer in the way of advice, except definitely get access to a chrono (if you don't already have one)
to find the sweet spot - it even seems to vary a lot from one kind of pellet to another.
Also be wary of taking apart unless you are very confident about what you are doing,
as there are certain "gotchas" that can result in damage

Good luck anyway - I would be interested to know how much pumping per shot it takes to top up,
as presumably .177 will use a bit more air.

BB
Thanks for your reply BB

Glad to hear you are still enjoying yours, and that the issues were resolved. And thank you for your insights.

I do love my single stroke pneumatics, so will be doing some testing to see where the weed spot is and if i can get it to roughly one pump per shot I find the dragon easy to cock (I have the shorter) so the Independence should be fine!!

Thanks for the advice, I have access to a chrono and will get the internals serviced professionally.

And yes I will be posting my experiences, so will document the air usage in .177

ATB, Tom

P.S. I'm very jealous of your Dragon FT