Quote Originally Posted by CROWMAN View Post
What I had in mind was a digital or dial reading which would measure the cartridge from base to top for the purpose of obtaining length to sort cases for trimming etc.

I am aware that the vast majority of re-loaders are quite happy to use a caliper gauge, it is something that I think would speed the re-loading process up, as using other devices such as charge master machines, prep stations etc.
A vernier will do that, but to be honest if one needs trimming they probably all will. I use STM tumbling which, combined with a Forster 3 in 1 trimmer means the case mouths can be slightly battered after cleaning, so I always trim (tidy up) on each reload. Its a de-burr with brass being removed if it has flowed a bit.

Even with 100 at a time it does not take long. For what I do I would never measure every case, however if you are F/FTR/BR based then yes, but again why not just use a decent digital vernier? You are not actually measuring COAL, but case length (Head to mouth) which is probably where the confusion on my part came from.