Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: scamma on guntrader

scamma on guntrader

just seen a webley alecto mk3 for £80 on guntrader uk. which i thought was too good to be true, i offered him £85 posted, he agreed.i offered paypal for payment he says his paypal is broken can you do bank transfer, i say no only paypal for my protection. he says sold elsewhere haha, name Fortnite Blazers
    danielmulhall28@gmail.com

PayPal

Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    just seen a webley alecto mk3 for £80 on guntrader uk. which i thought was too good to be true, i offered him £85 posted, he agreed.i offered paypal for payment he says his paypal is broken can you do bank transfer, i say no only paypal for my protection. he says sold elsewhere haha, name Fortnite Blazers
    PayPal won't pay out on guns anyway so no protection with it.

Quote Originally Posted by series2a View Post
    PayPal won't pay out on guns anyway so no protection with it.
    yes they do ive been there before,and got paid out for a black star i was scammed on freeadds with,

You were lucky with PayPal that time but others have had their accounts closed when they find out its firearms related. And they class airguns as firearms

From BAR's website

PLEASE NOTE:
    DUE TO PAYPAL POLICIES, WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT PAYPAL AS A PAYMENT METHOD FOR THE PURCHASE OF ANY AIR RIFLE, PISTOL OR SILENCER
    THESE ITEMS CAN BE PURCHASED ONLINE VIA CREDIT/DEBIT CARD OR BANK TRANSFER
    Last edited by bighit; 11-07-2018 at 11:49 AM.

Therefore it seems strange that a certain online classified site should offer sellers paypal as a means of taking payment for airguns,bladed instruments etc?.

i have claimed twice with a black star and a webley tracker, both on freeadds, linked paypal to the item i was scammed on and have been paid back both times. ive never come across a thread where the buyer as not been refunded,

i have claimed twice with a black star and a webley tracker, both on freeadds, linked paypal to the item i was scammed on and have been paid back both times. ive never come across a thread where the buyer as not been refunded,
    There've been several threads where pay-pal have refused a refund or suspended/cancelled accounts siting that their terms exclude guns, but these seem to be where an actual gun changes hands but there is then a dispute.

Equally when it's a straight forward scam where there is no physical item, they seem to refund the payment,

I wonder if it's the legal knife edge between the "intent to buy" as opposed to actually "buying", if it's a scam you don't technically "purchase" anything so how can it be prohibited

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I wonder if it's the legal knife edge between the "intent to buy" as opposed to actually "buying", if it's a scam you don't technically "purchase" anything so how can it be prohibited
    Interesting take... makes sense (I have no clue, just thinking aloud).. straight scam is different from a trade in something outside of the terms and conditions going awry...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

There was a member on here who was scammed but Paypal refunded.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    I may be completely wrong and some one may correct me .
    Sorry I have absolutely no idea what point any of that was supposed to make what was quoted, who by & what was you

ATEOTD Pay-pal is a private company that provides a service, the terms of which you must agree to when you open an account,
    As such they can define what is allowed & what is prohibited &/or set whatever terms they want, if you don't like them don't agree & don't open an account.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Sorry I have absolutely no idea what point any of that was supposed to make what was quoted, who by & what was you

ATEOTD Pay-pal is a private company that provides a service, the terms of which you must agree to when you open an account,
    As such they can define what is allowed & what is prohibited &/or set whatever terms they want, if you don't like them don't agree & don't open an account.
    ????????????

????????????
    I deleted what I posted . that's why angrybears post is confusing to you

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    I deleted what I posted . that's why angrybears post is confusing to you
    I read it last night and it still confused me
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

PayPal are a bank. They should not be allowed to play politics.
    Same way Eb8y are a sales outlet. They should not be allowed to ban legal goods from sale.
    We are "lucky" the now private Royal Mail still ship air guns

barrel is online now Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    It hardly makes him a scammer now does it, many people have issues with PayPal does that make them a scammer?. If you had definite proof the guy was a scammer then OK but it seems wrong accusing someone and publishing his details given the circumstances you describe.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !