Page 59 of 86 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th & 9th September 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    We were at our club in Wales today, Tondu.

At lunch, we (Sunbeam and Miss Sunbeam) started talking about the Hollow and got the attention of a few air gun members (it was mostly an air day today, inc some spring!)

How would the Hollow feel if a small band of Tondu members were to come up for the Sep bash ?
    The Quigley Hollow Collective would be more than happy to welcome more new faces, Rob.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I'm gutted I missed it this time. I can't believe my back let me down big time after the ride down to Devon the previous week. I'm still pretty buggered now and have had the last couple of days off work. I feel my biking days are pretty numbered at the moment. Seriously keeping fingers crossed that i'll be ok for the bash in a few weeks time but cant drive very far at the moment.
    Really sorry to hear this, Mike.

Are you having any form of treatment or just trying to brave it out?

Hope your pain subsides very soon.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    The Quigley Hollow Collective would be more than happy to welcome more new faces, Rob.
    I will try my best to get a 'Welsh Contingent' at 'The Hollow' in Sep

Will they need to join BBS first?

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I feel for you Mike. I really hope you can make The Bash mate. I’ve just applied for a letting on an apartment in Coleford so I may be moving around then or at least up to my ears getting settled in so I may only do one night at The Hollow.
    Whereabouts is Coleford, Pauly?

Hope all goes smoothly for you, firstly 'cos I do and you deserve it and secondly so you can get your full time quota in at The Hollow for a longer lasting hit of boingering, boozing and loving!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Whereabouts is Coleford, Pauly?

Hope all goes smoothly for you, firstly 'cos I do and you deserve it and secondly so you can get your full time quota in at The Hollow for a longer lasting hit of boingering, boozing and loving!
    It’s here Tone

Lovely 2 bed Apartment with plenty of gun storage space. It’ll do me for a year whilst I settle into my new life and then go looking for somewhere to buy.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Really sorry to hear this, Mike.

Are you having any form of treatment or just trying to brave it out?

Hope your pain subsides very soon.
    Cheers Tone and Paul

Its painkillers and exercise really. I've been referred to the orthopaedic department as I think they've realised its actually pretty serious damage occurring in the lower spine. It is much better now than it was a couple of weeks ago and I managed to do some of my work although I have had to let the plastering jobs go. I've actually accepted that i'm not taking on any more plastering as every time a do a large ceiling i'm screwed for a couple of weeks afterwards. I'm going to sell the Africa but keep the XJR and pay the money off our mortgage to try and get that down a bit and in the mean time look for a huge career change. I'm a qualified sparky by trade with my 2391 in testing and inspection so quite possibly going to look into to setting up a small testing business among other things. Something will pan out. It all got on top of me a bit the other day but I thing a change could lead to good things so looking at it as a positive challenge lol!!!!

It’s here Tone

Lovely 2 bed Apartment with plenty of gun storage space. It’ll do me for a year whilst I settle into my new life and then go looking for somewhere to buy.
    That's a bloody brilliant plan mate. Will give you time to really scope out areas and properties that you're interested in and not rushing into a huge commitment. Awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    I will try my best to get a 'Welsh Contingent' at 'The Hollow' in Sep

Will they need to join BBS first?
    Excellent.

And, Nope, they don't need to be forum members, they can be guests of yours.

It’s here Tone

Sounds lovely matey.

And definitely a good plan to give yourself plenty of time deciding on a suitable candidate for purchase to make sure you get it right, Pauly.

I'll have to have a quick look on a larger scale map to suss where it is, though. As long as my iPad's happy doing it.....doesn't seem that happy on Google Maps just recently.

Guessing nice, picturesque setting?

That's a bloody brilliant plan mate. Will give you time to really scope out areas and properties that you're interested in and not rushing into a huge commitment. Awesome!!!
    Yeah, I rushed in too quickly on that house in Wales I put an offer on, I realise that now but no monies were committed thankfully. I’m just gonna chill, get used to my new life and then settle somewhere at a later date. The place I’m looking at is a lovely bright, clean modern apartment and even has a little garden area with a shed. Not enough to plink in but I have two permissions nearby to shoot on, one is a farm with stables and the other is my mates sisters place which has plenty of squizzers and bunnies Not too bad huh ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Sounds lovely matey.

And definitely a good plan to give yourself plenty of time deciding on a suitable candidate for purchase to make sure you get it right, Pauly.

I'll have to have a quick look on a larger scale map to suss where it is, though. As long as my iPad's happy doing it.....doesn't seem that happy on Google Maps just recently.

Guessing nice, picturesque setting?
    The whole Forest of Dean area is stunning in my opinion Tone. I’ve even got a Rickenbacker and a Capitalbee nearby

Yeah, I rushed in too quickly on that house in Wales I put an offer on, I realise that now but no monies were committed thankfully. I’m just gonna chill, get used to my new life and then settle somewhere at a later date. The place I’m looking at is a lovely bright, clean modern apartment and even has a little garden area with a shed. Not enough to plink in but I have two permissions nearby to shoot on, one is a farm with stables and the other is my mates sisters place which has plenty of squizzers and bunnies Not too bad huh ?
    Superb. That's ideal getting a couple of permissions already. You don't want three permanent lodgers do ya????

Cheers Tone and Paul

Its painkillers and exercise really. I've been referred to the orthopaedic department as I think they've realised its actually pretty serious damage occurring in the lower spine. It is much better now than it was a couple of weeks ago and I managed to do some of my work although I have had to let the plastering jobs go. I've actually accepted that i'm not taking on any more plastering as every time a do a large ceiling i'm screwed for a couple of weeks afterwards. I'm going to sell the Africa but keep the XJR and pay the money off our mortgage to try and get that down a bit and in the mean time look for a huge career change. I'm a qualified sparky by trade with my 2391 in testing and inspection so quite possibly going to look into to setting up a small testing business among other things. Something will pan out. It all got on top of me a bit the other day but I thing a change could lead to good things so looking at it as a positive challenge lol!!!!
    Guessing you've never had an MRI scan, Mike? Be useful would that. Try and push for one as at least they'll know exactly what they're dealing with. The exercise will be good mainly for strengthening the core to relieve strain and pressure on your vertebrae and discs, yes?

If you have never tried accupuncture, as in the proper, traditional Chinese one, give it a try. Worked for me a few years ago and definitely worth a go matey.

Y'know, with the bikes, sometimes a bike with a riding position where you just lean slightly forwards as opposed to sitting bolt upright can help, relieving pressure on the lower back.

And that career change sounds like a good thing to look into.:

The whole Forest of Dean area is stunning in my opinion Tone. I’ve even got a Rickenbacker and a Capitalbee nearby
    Superb. That's ideal getting a couple of permissions already. You don't want three permanent lodgers do ya????
    Now that sounds absolutely brilliant my LittlePaulyBoy. You're a very lucky man.

Addendum......make that FOUR permanent lodgers, will ya?

Your most welcome anytime Mikey. I’ve been visiting my friends here regularly for over 20 years so contacts for somewhere to shoot was easy thankfully.