Thanks Steyr but a little off from what I'm thinking about. There is no intention of taking FT/HFT up as a serious hobby, more like just something to wander around a course plinking at targets, It won't matter if we miss by miles or knock every one down in one shot, the main rifle combo consideration is the ability for a disabled person & myself to shoot unsupported. We can do serious paper target practice out to 115yds if we wanted at our local powder burning range but prefer to "have a go" at knock downs while we consider the long term fate of our sub 12ftb air rifles, be it with the Ultra & low power ratting scope or the HW100 with a Bushnell Elite or even the HW80 fitted with a spare large Hawke Sidewinder, we don't care. Question is do we just amble along with what we have in .22 with whatever scopes we have & sell off my spare .177 pellets or take the plunge for a .177 rifle that possibly will be sold on later. Our available scopes are Bushnell 6500 Elites, Hawke Sidewinder, Hawke Vantage / Varmint, EB 10x42, Nikon Monarch, Filipino WTC + a variety of fixed focus scopes & others I've forgot about so the scope side of it is sorted without extra cost. If the intention was to take up knock down shooting seriously my question would of been quite different & in fact there would be no need to of asked but this simple what choice query has me beat at the moment.