I have the best rifle BSA ever made, the Super 10, mine is a mk 3 rifle bull barrel, in .177, so finding one is like finding hen's teeth as they were only ever made to order, whereas the .22 was the stock gun (in rifle length with bull barrel that is).

It is wonderfully accurate, great shot count, a superb rifle that I have an affinity for (had enough of them).

Conversely one of the worst PCP rifles I ever had was a BSA Ultra MMC that never made the 3 week mark (just hate the reloading hoohah so much). It was accurate, light, poorer trigger than the S10, but it still worked and grouped well, just after a bolt MMC is crap, really crap, like bury it at a crossroads with a titanium stake through it's heart at midnight sort of crap!

My wife bought one of the first Scorpion SE rifles on the market, it would not group, with any pellet or any size, had to go back to BSA for repair under warranty.

The R10 suffered from horrific bean counting interference, to the point regulators on the R10 had a lifespan of weeks, the regulator on them still seems to be a weak point. The Lightning got such a bad reputation they started building the things in Birmingham out of bits bought over from Spain (but using the BSA made barrels).

I love my BSA S10, but would never buy another new BSA.