Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
I think your T&C is just not giving full power? Here are my numbers this morning with Crosman Premiers 14.3 22 cal.

Pumps. FPS
3. 433
6. 580
8. 626

At 8 pumps the average Streak is just about the same, maybe a little higher. I asked that question of Streak owners this year on another forum, low to mid 600s

That’s why it will be fascinating to see what your new one will do with a reseal. I’m betting your surprised, it looks to be pretty much untouched? I don’t think I’ve ever seen Chrony numbers for a .177.
Early this morning I did a few test shots with RWS Hobby's 11.9 gr in the T&C 108. As expected they give higher velocities, but lower energy output.
Wearing a t-shirt instead of a the thick fleece vest of yesterday evening, I noticed exactly what BB Pelletier describes in his article on the T&C:

I noticed a puff of air around my right hand every time the rifle fired, which I initially blamed on the recent resealing job my test rifle had gotten before the test. Then, I examined the bolt lockup more closely and discovered that the real problem was a loose bolt seal. No matter how hard I closed the bolt, that steep cam slot invited it to spring back just enough to exhaust some air. The problem was solved by manually holding the bolt closed with the thumb of my shooting hand as I pulled the trigger. There was still a small puff of air, but it was greatly diminished from what it had been. A real fanatic might have used some automotive valve-grinding compound to hand-lap the front of the bolt into the rear of the barrel; but this wasn’t my rifle, so I left it at that.

DTFletcher has written some advice regarding this problem on the American Vintage Airguns forum.
But this air escaping from the wrong side of the pellet might explain why my 108 is relatively low on power compared to 45's.
Have you noticed this puff of air, 45flint?