Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
I was about to make exactly the same suggestions. You might like to fire a pellet or two into a bucket of water, which should produce a clean pellet afterwards. Place a thin piece of paper over the bucket, to prevent the splash back, which could wet the barrel.

It is quite difficult to see what is down the cylinder with a torch because of the distance but it should produce a guide. It sounds to me as if a new tap has been introduced at some stage. Quite what to do to re-align tap with barrel is a complex question, to which I do not know the answer!

It is strange that two in three is sticking; you would think there would be consistency with all three.

I understand the taps were bored through as part of the barrel, so were a perfect fit in each instance.

A
As to the question did it fire ok before,I don’t know as it was never fired by me,stupid really but it looked all original,It May have been left because it wasn’t shooting correctly,I did do a quick clean of the barrel before it was stripped though,I’ll try shimming it see if it makes any difference.
Thanks for the ideas though.