I finally managed to get pictures sorted out for the customised Webley, the second of the “homemade “ air pistols. I acquired this oddity as part of another auction lot that I bid on, and it wasn’t something I particularly wanted. My original intention was to convert it back to original condition, but it turned out to be quite nicely done so I will be leaving it as it is. It is a post-war Webley Mark 1 with an extended barrel:

It was probably inspired by those customised long barrel Webley Seniors that appeared briefly on the market in the 1950’s. These were .22 and had an 11 and a quarter inch barrel, whereas this one is 0.177 with a 10 inch barrel. The barrel is nicely rifled and was most probably turned down from the barrel of a rifle. The modified cocking link has been well done with a short L-shaped steel section brazed under the barrel as the main pivot unit which connects at its rear end to the conventional Mark 1 cocking link.

The front sight blade is brazed into a slot in the barrel and is non-adjustable. It shoots much like a normal Mark 1 and I have not noticed any significant increase in accuracy, although my shooting skills are probably not good enough to judge this reliably.
I don’t know who made the modification, other than that there are the initials AJP stamped on the left hand side of the pivot bar. Does anybody have any idea who AJP might be?