Quote Originally Posted by Powderfinger View Post
AJP = A.J. Parker ?
Nice thought, but I would have thought the man himself was six foot under at the time of the Premier. I suppose AJP could be the initials of the company, which was still going at the time, and the modification was done in their workshops, but the professionalism of the workmanship doesn't seem to quite live up to that.

Guy, good point about the risk of the barrel fouling the trigger guard in extended barrel Seniors (and Premiers). Denis Hiller shows a long barrel D series Premier in his book, and the barrel seems to be short enough to get over this problem. He doesn't say anything about this gun, but I assume it is an amateur customisation as I have never heard of any long-barreled Premiers being advertised.

I am not sure how they solved this problem in the commercially produced long-barrel Seniors as I have never seen one on the flesh. Pictures of the Senior are hard to come by and this is the only one I have. That is something for you to do when you get fed up with your table goodies- get out your ruler and compasses and work out the trajectory of the barrel when it is cocked.

Does anyone own one of these rare Seniors? Apparently they contained a few other modifications and it would be nice to get some more pics and feedback on performance.