Here's a statement about which I've thought long and hard; overall, this year's British Shooting Show turned out to be the best indoor show I've attended in my life.

For me, and this could well be a personal thing, the fact that the shooting sports are being showcased at this country's premier exhibition venue is a massive step forward for us. I was at the NEC the first time it was tried, and it was nowhere near as successful as this one. Seeing our sport strutting its stuff on the biggest stage in the country, where Crufts, caravans, gadgets, brides, holidays, homes, toys and just about everything that matters to millions of us - including shooting.

Then there was the hardware on show, including new UK releases from BSA, Gamo, Air Arms, Highland Outdoors, Weihrauch, Umarex, Scott Country, Air Force, Brocock, Daystate, Discovery Optics, Hawke, FX and others. Most were available to try and all had their associated experts on hand to talk about them.

Finally, and incredibly impressive in its own right, was the sheer positivity of the show visitors I met, and I met enough to cause me to lose my voice by the morning of the third day. Airgunners of all types and ages either came to the Airgun World / Air Gunner stand, or stopped me on my frequent walkabouts, and I honestly can't recall a truly negative exchange. I left the show on all three days absolutely nackered but smiling the smile of a satisfied man.

Sorry if I missed anyone, but with any luck we can all get together next year for another proper celebration of all that is great in our sport. Well done everyone involved - long may it continue!