Thread: Pellets for old Gallery gun 21 guage - 5.28mm

Pellets for old Gallery gun 21 guage - 5.28mm

Is there a source for these old pellets used in gallery guns?

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I wouldn't think so. I've used a sizer to take pellets down from 5,5 to 5,4 which works ok so that may be an option. I assume massive accuracy isn't an issue.

A lot of gallery guns we're originally intended for use with darts. I had some. 25 made for one of mine. The guy used cheap Paint brushes for the tails.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Lawrie Amatruda on here may know, he has repaired a lot of rare calibre air rifles.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

The Crosman .21 caliber pellets (in green package) show up on occasion.

If you have the tools and know how?...make a swaging tool to resize smaller or larger cal. pellets to required size...for instance, a cheap Chinese hand or machine reamer in the required size is $15.50 inc. shipping - bay.com item no. 292838723806

I made and a few swage tools to resize .177, .22 or .25 pellets for Jean Marck 6.5mm Gem patterns a few years ago. They were very crude in construction, made with a drill and angle grinder!...but they worked just fine for plinking.
    blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by DCL_dave View Post
    If you have the tools and know how?...make a swaging tool to resize smaller or larger cal. pellets to required size...for instance, a cheap Chinese hand or machine reamer in the required size is $15.50 inc. shipping - bay.com item no. 292838723806

I made and a few swage tools to resize .177, .22 or .25 pellets for Jean Marck 6.5mm Gem patterns a few years ago. They were very crude in construction, made with a drill and angle grinder!...but they worked just fine for plinking.
    Good thought, yes its just for plinking. I just don’t want a wall hanger.

If you don't mind a slight ( and practical ) modification you could lightly ream the start of the barrel so .22 pellets push in with thumb pressure. You could also use a pellet starter.

I repaired an old Swedish pumper for a friend and this was about .21" cal. We found you could use a pellet seater and simply re-size the pellet when you loaded, it's only soft lead. The pellet seater can be a small nail driven into a small piece of wood (or you can go crazy and machine a nice brass probe and fit a rosewood handle ).

Cheers
    torrens

I thought most of these type rifles shoot ball ammo, my 80 shot one below shoots lead or steel balls semi auto. If you use lead balls there is a huge range of sizes available.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD