Quote Originally Posted by pr-pdi View Post
I know there are several gens & watched YouTube reviews but still bewildered, one shows 1999 Vs 2009 the earlier being clearly better in every way, some say gen 5 is best, others gen 4, seriously looking & don’t mind waiting plus pay more for rarer & right one to enjoy & use, 1999 ? any advice on which model please ?
I'm currently preparing a short series for Airgun World on this very subject.

The quality of these pistols needs to be seen/handled to be believed. They are all made from firearms grade materials and built to last, just like Webley air pistols used to be. There are quite a few variations available and my personal preference is for the brown Bakelite gripped model, if you can find one. I've done just that and am picking a boxed version up over the weekend.

Thanks to a very helpful member on here, I was also able to acquire a very nice 1999 pistol in its original case and with a full complement of accessories for £120 last weekend.

One thing I have found is not everyone agrees on what constitutes a particular generation and bearing in mind the factory has never used 'generations' to classify models, I'm not surprised there is confusion.

In short, they are all made very well and one is not going to be enough if you have the collecting gene!

John M