Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
Sounds like he's going to enjoy Tone
He most certainly will, Mike.

And I think it's yet another example of an airgun, first being borrowed, and later bought, where a "tool to do a job" ignites an interest in our wonderful hobby. Ratties first and then move onto informal targets, hopefully closely followed by a visit to Quigley Hollow.

Hopefully his neighbour with the big garden will have a go soon and discover the joys of airgun ownership.

We had a slight issue with his other friend who came along as, like a fair few people who I've met, he's right handed but left eye dominant. He was struggling trying to keep his left closed and couldn't focus on target and sights with his right eye and trying to shoot left handed was more than a little awkward. So he ended up declining taking any "live shots" last night, but will try Dave's '99 soon. Before they left I let him look the the Gamo scope which seemed easier, having only the crosshair and target to worry about / focus on.

Having not used either of my '99s in a while, it was also a strong reminder of how glorious these little rifles are for me. Lightweight and full powered, superb trigger, robust build and such a lovely, mild firing cycle aiding accuracy. I think it's all the rifle anyone would ever need (but when does just "need" come into it?) and all for hardly any more dosh than many "budget" rifles. It has all the hallmarks and quality we associate with Weihrauch and the feel of a keeper and heirloom.

Love 'em!