Page 28 of 62 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st and 2nd June 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Hi all
    Have a boing from Porto Santos
    Aren't you a little old to believe in Father Christmas?
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Hi all
    Ah, cheers muchly for the Portuguese BOING!

Hope you're having a wonderful time.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Hi all
    Happy hols! All the best to you both.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Aren't you a little old to believe in Father Christmas?
    How dare you, St Nick!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Nice one, Pauly, great to hear you got a session in.

Are you still putting the 'Domes through the Rolandcatcher, as they seem to like them okay?
    I switched between Domes and H&N FTT and at 30ish yards there wasn’t much in it to be honest mate, I usually find beyond that distance that the Domes spread out a bit.

Tuesday off as usual Tone ? Anything planned ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Sleepometer says.

18 to go, peeps.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I switched between Domes and H&N FTT and at 30ish yards there wasn’t much in it to be honest mate, I usually find beyond that distance that the Domes spread out a bit.

Sounds about right about the 'Domes, matey. Although I suppose that, with the Ratty at least, not an issue due to its lower power and suitability for more short range stuff anyways.

A few bits to do, matey, and planning on shoehorning a little plink in later, if poss.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Well done Tony, first person to know where this place is. Pinacolada boing to you
    Pete

Well done Tony, first person to know where this place is. Pinacolada boing to you
    I didn't Google it; honest, Pete.

Finally managed to get some plinkies in, Pauly.

I was going to get the little Diana 24D out for some mild therapy. But it was around tea-time and the neighbours were having a barbie (not a noisy one). Now, with those lower powered guns I usually use the steel pellet catcher as they don't have enough power to penetrate a hard, taped together Argos catalogue. But with them enjoying a quiet barbie with friends I thought the last thing they needed was the "ring-a-ding-ding" of lead on steel.

So, out came the Argos catalogue and out, also, came the Venom Vantage 77. I'd only used it once, at the April Bash in '17 when it was back from its Steve Pope refresh. Had a pleasurable hour or so printing little holes in paper. And not once did a single guest over the fence make a comment, carrying on their conversations unperturbed. At one point I had two blackbirds, a robin and a woodie sat on the shed roof, a few feet above the target.

And then it got really messy!

I'd not treated the Vantage's stock in yonks, so I dug out the CCL Stock Conditioning Oil and gave my wood a good old rub! Looks even lovelier now with the grain showing through more and I love the smell of the stuff. I was that pleased with the result that, when I tucked the Vantage away, I thought I'd treat the Predator's stock too, and that came up beautifully, with lots of little tiger striping effect.

After I'd tidied up, one of the cats was going really frenzied for some fuss, so a nice half on hour or so to finish a shooting session off rubbing my wood and stroking pussy.

Sounds like you had quite an extended sesh there Tone. It’s a real bonus to have neighbours who don’t mind a bit of air gun shooting going on, did you get a burger passed over the fence . I keep meaning to treat my HW100 with some walnut oil as the stock is pretty dry and pale but never got round to it, I’ll give it a go (amongst other things) when I move and have my own little man cave to tinker in .
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Sounds like you had quite an extended sesh there Tone. It’s a real bonus to have neighbours who don’t mind a bit of air gun shooting going on, did you get a burger passed over the fence . I keep meaning to treat my HW100 with some walnut oil as the stock is pretty dry and pale but never got round to it, I’ll give it a go (amongst other things) when I move and have my own little man cave to tinker in .
    I'm not really sure if the neighbours actually realise what's happening, Pauly? They're a little odd and we seldom speak. I assume they must have sussed it, but who knows?

Not had a burger in yonks, Pauly.......they did smell very tempting, though!

Yep, get that walnut stock treated matey. As I said, I hadn't done mine in ages. Very therapeutic and the result is most rewarding. And the beautiful aroma.....yum, yum! I still keep sniffing at my hands and can smell it on my T-shirt; it's bloody lovely! No doubt the missus will be moaning at me later saying that I pong, but knackers to her!

I've got the Walnut TX, too, so better treat that soon.

Are you moving then, my little friend?

I'm not really sure if the neighbours actually realise what's happening, Pauly? They're a little odd and we seldom speak. I assume they must have sussed it, but who knows?

Not had a burger in yonks, Pauly.......they did smell very tempting, though!

Yep, get that walnut stock treated matey. As I said, I hadn't done mine in ages. Very therapeutic and the result is most rewarding. And the beautiful aroma.....yum, yum! I still keep sniffing at my hands and can smell it on my T-shirt; it's bloody lovely! No doubt the missus will be moaning at me later saying that I pong, but knackers to her!

I've got the Walnut TX, too, so better treat that soon.

Are you moving then, my little friend?
    I guess the last burger you had was at the last Bash then ..?? My HW100 was getting regularly used on the Roland’s in London so I was reluctant to take it out of action for a week to give it a good going over. Tend to use my AA410 these days so......

I’ve had an offer accepted on a house a mile or so up the road, contracts being drawn up but it’s early days. I’ll tell you and the gang about it at The Bash

I guess the last burger you had was at the last Bash then ..?? My HW100 was getting regularly used on the Roland’s in London so I was reluctant to take it out of action for a week to give it a good going over. Tend to use my AA410 these days so......

I’ve had an offer accepted on a house a mile or so up the road, contracts being drawn up but it’s early days. I’ll tell you and the gang about it at The Bash
    You buying your very own little pad, my friend?

Good man; very, very well done, Pauly.

And further confirmation that you're contented in your new surroundings. I know you more than coped with the move from The Smoke and your new found life so well, and this just shows that you arrived at the right place, a place you can truly call home and your very, very own little castle. That sort of upheaval could have wreaked havoc but you took it all in your stride matey and embraced your new life.

So, unlimited gun storage options? Room for a nice little workshop space? Enough garden for a nice little home range, matey?

Made up for you bruv.

So, unlimited gun storage options? Room for a nice little workshop space? Enough garden for a nice little home range, matey?

Made up for you bruv.
    4 bedrooms but one of those will be a bathroom at some stage as the current bathroom is downstairs. LOADS of storage space in every room, more than I know what to do with. Nice stone built garage and another stone built outbuilding so plenty of man space. The garden is very big and gives more than I need for a decent rifle range, it backs onto a golf course so I’ll be growing plenty of lettuce and carrots in my vegetable patch
    As I say, early days but the current owners are now in the process of signing contracts on their new place which is chain free so, all being well, things should move along nicely (fingers crossed)