Thread: Hy-Score (US version) nternals

Hy-Score (US version) internals

I just added stripdown instructions I found in the AVA library for a Hy-Score 803 to Guy's strips thread.

Interestingly, I also came across these observations by LeonardJ when he stripped a Hy-Score:

"One of the more unusual features, for any spring gun, is the presence of a lubricating wick on the piston head. The next thing that becomes apparent, in spite of being a concentric piston action (barrel runs throught the center of the piston), there is no seal present between the ID of the piston, and the barrel - just a very smooth, close tolerance hole through which the barrel passes - the lubricants form the seal. The piston head is fastened to the skirt of the piston in a manner that allows the head to "float" - no doubt to help maintain a seal. The spring guide also "floats" within the confines of the mainspring ID. The gun uses a common O-ring seal on the piston head, and a proprietary seal within the rear end cap, which seals the main compression tube, so that all the compressed air is directed to the breech, and thus to the pellet."
    Last edited by Garvin; 30-08-2019 at 12:41 PM. Reason: sp
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I'd never harass you about an odd HY-SCORE version but

Geez,wrong thread.Apologies Dan.
    Last edited by cinedux; 31-08-2019 at 02:01 AM.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I'd have thought an internal o-ring wouldn't have been that hard to design in ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I'd have thought an internal o-ring wouldn't have been that hard to design in ?
    I make a 3mm thick polyurthane disc with good fit on barrel O.D. which fits nicely in the piston diameter, held in place by a thin steel washer under the compression spring. Don't think you can improve much on that.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    I make a 3mm thick polyurthane disc with good fit on barrel O.D. which fits nicely in the piston diameter, held in place by a thin steel washer under the compression spring. Don't think you can improve much on that.

Baz
    job done. they could have done the same with leather...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.