Thread: Fwb differences?

Fwb differences?

Whats the difference bettween a 300s and 300s universal is it just the stock? Also what was the stocks made off were some of them walnut ?

Quote Originally Posted by let me shoot it View Post
    Whats the difference bettween a 300s and 300s universal is it just the stock? Also what was the stocks made off were some of them walnut ?
    The 300S has a simple fixed target stock design, the Universal has a longer fore-end and either two different height cheek pieces or on later models an adjustable cheek piece.

The other difference is the 300S has a fixed front-sight with interchangeable elements, the Universal has a detachable tunnel sight and was supplied with a low and high sight and a raiser block for the rear sight to give different sight lines.

The detachable front sight and longer fore-end also allows for the rifle to be scoped to be used for running boar - hence the 'Universal' suffix.

The stocks on the 300S and Universal are mostly walnut (quality varies from plain to stunning all covered with a treacle coloured varnish as standard), however, I have seen a few in beech. The 300S Junior's all seem to be beech.

A 300S with a nice bit of wood:

Here is a Universal with its extras:

Last edited by rockdrill; 11-09-2019 at 10:37 AM.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

hi

lovely that mate much appreciated for the info . looking to get a nice one to

When I first got it you could barely see the figuring because of the horrible varnish.

Stripping that and oil finishing brought it up a treat.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

Hello to All,

Yup some amazing patterns lurk beneath the brown 'lacquer' !

The below is the stock from my FWB 300 (Not S).

Have fun

Best regards

Russ