Thread: Walther diopter for hw30s

Walther diopter for hw30s

All
    I have got an hw30 for my daughter as a starter target rifle . Now looking for a rear sight as she is doing target shouting at scouts and plans to join my club for DofE. I’ve spotted a Walther sight on the bay - any ideas if it’s suitable?
    Cheers fit your thoughts
    Andy
    Steyr Evo 10, Anschutz 8001, BSA Scorpion SE, BSA light Pattern, HW77k, HW30s, AA TX200, HW45 Blackstar, HW40, Walther CP88, Webley Premier E, TBC!

Ps- it was off an anschutz 54 which has 11mm rails - will the difference in range mean a difficulty zeroing it?
    Steyr Evo 10, Anschutz 8001, BSA Scorpion SE, BSA light Pattern, HW77k, HW30s, AA TX200, HW45 Blackstar, HW40, Walther CP88, Webley Premier E, TBC!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Lundy View Post
    Ps- it was off an anschutz 54 which has 11mm rails - will the difference in range mean a difficulty zeroing it?
    If it's not the right height by a long way then either get a higher/lower front-sight or file or pack the front sight element. Shouldn't be a big problem.

Lundy,

The foresight tunnel on the HWs is quite a bit lower than the modern target tunnels from Centra etc., so you should be OK for zeroing at six (6) yards or ten (10) meters.

I have Anschutz, Diana, FWB, Gehmann & Walther diopter sights on my TX200, HW30S, HW99S, HW95 Super Match & my vintage target springers, and they all shoot fine at six (6) yards.

My HWs are shown below with their Gehmann 590 rear-sights, and a Centra tunnel on the HW95 SM, and Weihrauch tunnels on the HW30S & HW99S.
    Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Thanks for the help guys!
    The Walther is currently a bit pricey but will see if it comes down whilst keeping a look out for others now I don’t have to worry too much about zeroing
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Lundy,

The foresight tunnel on the HWs is quite a bit lower than the modern target tunnels from Centra etc., so you should be OK for zeroing at six (6) yards or ten (10) meters.

I have Anschutz, Diana, FWB, Gehmann & Walther diopter sights on my TX200, HW30S, HW99S, HW95 Super Match & my vintage target springers, and they all shoot fine at six (6) yards.

My HWs are shown below with their Gehmann 590 rear-sights, and a Centra tunnel on the HW95 SM, and Weihrauch tunnels on the HW30S & HW99S.
    Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Not heard of target shouting before ....what sort of target do they shout at ? Lol
    Atb ian

Quite common in these parts a bit like bell target but when you hit them they shout “ouch” lol
    Bloody auto correct
    Quote Originally Posted by Helm View Post
    Not heard of target shouting before ....what sort of target do they shout at ? Lol
    Atb ian

Using my little HW30 (modified Rekord unit ) with Williams sports peep sights I recently scored a 49 ex 50 @ 10m (rested) proving the rifle is quite capable.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Knobs

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Using my little HW30 (modified Rekord unit ) with Williams sports peep sights I recently scored a 49 ex 50 @ 10m (rested) proving the rifle is quite capable.

HTH
    Ian
    I'm jealous of your target knobs Jonesy!😉
    J.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

Quote Originally Posted by 1shot1kill View Post
    I'm jealous of your target knobs Jonesy!😉
    J.
    Your not alone.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I reduced the power of my 99, & use it for the mpl league with a williams peep sight & an 80 front sight, shooting standing iv'e managed a max of 48 out of 50 so far but one day i'll do it....

I have read somewhere that you can retrofit target knobs?
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Your not alone.