Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Spring Powered Pistol for Junior

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    HW70.

Easy to cock, light in weight, good trigger and sights.
    What he said. Also, very quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Good suggestion.

Am I right in thinking that the Mk2 began as smooth bore, with the rifled barrel introduced towards the end of production? Or did I make that up?
    Hello,

As you rightly say, the Mk2 Junior used the same .177 smoothbore barrel as the Mk1 when first introduced in 1973. This would have been a cheaper option for Webley especially as they believed that reusable darts would continue to appeal to younger shooters. I think the rifled barrelled pistols appeared around 1975 together with some other changes to the original design. I have in the past conducted some accuracy tests with both the MK1 and Mk2 Juniors equipped with both smooth and rifled barrels and have come to the conclusion that the difference in accuracy that can be achieved is negligible at the recommended 6-10 yard ranges. These pistols are after all intended for informal target shooting when having fun is probably more important than obtaining tight groups.

Brian