Thread: BSA SUPERTEN CENTENARY also BSA LIGHTNING LE CENTENARY

BSA SUPERTEN CENTENARY also BSA LIGHTNING LE CENTENARY

Hi all I need a bit of advice on price on a Bsa superten centenary and also a Bsa lightning xl centenary both have the certificate of authenticity and both have the same serial number as I bought them together they have never been fired and all the bits that come with them are still boxed I bought them in 2005 and paid around £1600 for the two. I also have all the paperwork ie receipt from where I bought them I even have the original paperwork from BSA confirming the order and that both serial numbers must be the same.my question is am I likely to get my money back on both of them or do I need to wait another 20 years as I dont want to sell them at a loss .i cant find any price comparisons online as they rarely come up for sale .your views will be appreciated regards stuart
    if u live life on the edge then your taking up to much room

20yrs it is I'm afraid
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Any ideas on what the Lightning Centenary is worth?

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    The value of guns like this is always a bit subjective.
    Some years ago I sold an RB2 which I had BSA assemble especially for me. For all intents and purposes, it was a "factory custom" rifle. Lots of people on here said it wasn't worth much more than a standsrd rifle because it was too unique, our outside the production run, so not representative. However, there was someone else that appreciated it, and it did sell for a good price.
    The one thing you have to ask yourself is, "will there be any airgun collectors in 20 years' time?"
    Collectors, in my experience often go for what was available when they were growing up that they wanted, but maybe couldn't afford. Most kids today have no interest in airguns at all, whereas, when I was at school nearly 40 years ago a lot of lads had airguns and most wanted them. Owning one was still seen as a sort of rite of passage.
    What will be the collectables of tomorrow? Games consoles, mobile phones, tablets???
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Harry makes a good point, no one can predict with any accuracy what will be 'in' a few years from now. I spent a long time in the antique furniture trade and now see good examples of English Oak and Mahogany selling for less than a third of the price that I was happy to pay thirty years since. I would never have believed it, had I been told. A suggestion would be, after taking the advice that you've had, decide on what you think should be a decent return on your investment, then offer them at that price, there will be someone out there.
    Last edited by mel h; 14-11-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Smile

There are some good points here, but like everything there probably only worth what somebody's going to pay for them . Collecting airifles is a funny business for me as I get probably more pleasure of finding them than actually owning them as I always move them on even if I've had them for a few years and as my wife says you can only shoot one at a time
    if u live life on the edge then your taking up to much room

1600 wow

you might get 700 to 800 if you find the right collector and that's not me being mean that's the very top end of what youd probably get in todays climate airguns are going out of fashion with the new generation there all to busy trying to look good on facebook hahahah
    scorpion lightning walther lgu