Quote Originally Posted by rancidtom View Post
It costs approx £25 for the PF48 part of an RFD transfer (not checked the current price but last time it was £25), RFD's may charge for booking in and out, many if they are dealing with a regular customer, don't charge much if anything for the booking in/out. There is no RRP for this service as such it is purely down to the individual RFD. If you use your favourite RFD to send and the customer uses his/her favourite RFD to receive you may find you only have to pay the PF48 charges. I personally don't charge if a regular customer asks me to transfer a sub12 for them, if I don't know them I charge a nominal £5 for the service, it covers the price of my ink, the time to write it in the register, send an email to say the item has arrived, phone the customer and check I.D. etc.

If you are selling privately you don't need the services of an RFD at all. Advertise them on here, or on Freeads or similar, get some card boxes to pack from your local gunshop, and send Parcelforce 48 hour which costs about £11-13 if you register for their 15% discount.
If you take them to a 'show', unless you give them away, you'll be bringing most of them home again, which is tedious.