Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .22 Turkish Webley Typhoon.

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    At our vintage shoot we have a ‘semi-recoiless’ class for the spring powered recoil management systems rifles like the FWB sledge, Diana Giss and Anschütz Fluid damper systems.
    I’ve just bought an early Walther LGR but I don’t think it’ll be allowed as it’ll probably be classed as recoiless.

I think ‘Semi-recoiless’ just differentiates the spring powered systems from pneumatics.

But you’re right, you can’t have half of nothing, it’s like saying ‘Semi-completed’

Semi-recoiless rifle has a nicer ring to it than ‘recoil dampened rifle’ though.

Matt

Much as I deplore the corruption of our fine English language I think some of us worry so much about being "correct and pure" that we could easily become too "focused" and loose sight of the bigger picture .

Many people live happily in a semi-detached house, what would they think if their property status was demoted to....hmmm.. "not separated" or "joined together in a short rank of two terraced properties" perhaps?

Semi-Detached - Semi-Recoilless - both sound OK to me - and everyone knows what these descriptions mean.

Your semi-recoilless shooing class also sounds good to me and I understand exactly what it means too
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    My old chemistry professor, when told by a student that his lab product was 80% pure, used to say " My dear boy, it is either pure or impure, Purity is like virginity, it cannot be qualified".
    To think all this started because I wanted to flog a semi-recoilless Turkish Typhoon - it has certainly become a really good "conversation starter" - maybe it has gained more appeal to a potential owner too?

nah.... but £55 posted would give the new "lucky" owner a proven talking point for quite some time to come
    Last edited by zooma; 06-11-2019 at 11:31 AM.

This magnificent specimen has now been SOLD

Interesting, zooma, your thread made me get mine out (for the first time in years), still in its original oily polythene and with the receipt - £55 delivered in 2007.

Perhaps I should buy a Turkish Tempest now to add to it???
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .