Thread: scope for a mk2 airsporter..

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia

scope for a mk2 airsporter..

I've given up on the opens - that flip up rearsight just isn't working for me... I'm fine with the sights on the old standards, and my club airsporter, but not these.. so what scope wouldn't look too out of place, that I can actually shoot with ? I have one of those slide mount BSA 3-7x20 (IIRC) and it's a bit crap - but may still be better than the opens I guess !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

not really sure if 'period' scopes around the same year of the gun would be any better
    you might have to jump ahead 10 years for a nice gloss niko or tasco
    ive a few 80's springers shod with some nice glass,my mk3 ks has some nice platinum ruby 4x40's on it

Quote Originally Posted by the logun-ator View Post
    not really sure if 'period' scopes around the same year of the gun would be any better
    you might have to jump ahead 10 years for a nice gloss niko or tasco
    ive a few 80's springers shod with some nice glass,my mk3 ks has some nice platinum ruby 4x40's on it
    yes, I've got quite a few late 70s / early 80s jap 4x40s from the like of ASI, Nikko, Tasco, Hakko, and they are all pretty decent.

I have a BSA branded Jap 4x40 on my RB2 Stutzen, which is probably too old for the gun, so maybe I should move that.. hmmm....
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Japanese Tasco 4x40 or 6x40 !
    A few about and come up for sale on here fairly often.
    “An airgun or two”………

I have an old 6x44 Edgar Brothers on mine ! Its the only airsporter I ever had that was accurate

Agreed. The period 1960s scopes are rubbish.

In my opinion, the 80s 4x40 etc are too big.

4x28 Nikko Tiara? Or the late 70s/early 80s 4x28 “Original” or similar (probably all made in the same Japanese factory)?

Or an older Leupold 4x28 Compact?

See the theme here?

Found a 6x32 Nikko that is looking a likely bet. I do have a 4x28 Tiara that I agree would work, but that's on my Diana K98 and it looks the part...

Hi, As another Airsporter collector I have looked at this a few times for the MK2's and later.
    I love the gloss tascos although I have had a Tiara, and thought it was garbage compared to the silver crowns and TR's I have kept hold of.
    I am a bit addicted to clear glass as I hunt with a Bushnell 6500 and shoot HFT with a couple of Leupold MK4's, and as mentioned, the earlier stuff is not good, a bit like looking through a smartie tube with Vaseline in your eyes.
    Another problem is the mounts, getting them back enough.

Tasco silver crown or early Nikko sterling with a 32 front end would be perfect I think.
    BASC

I've had some good results with a Diana 3X on a 1960s Milbro but not tried the sight on a BSA.

John

a 4x32 wpuld look nice jon.