Thread: Birmingham arms & collectors fair 17th november.

Birmingham arms & collectors fair 17th november.

As above, allways a good selection of air gun and militaria related items held at the motorcycle museum Brum. I shall be taking along a selection of items for perusal including a copy of gas,air and spring guns, by W.H.B SMITH. This book was first printed in 1957, this copy printed in 1978 in ex. condition @ £35.
    I will be on M.J.L MILITARIA stand in 3rd hall if any of you guys are going.
    ROLY.

I'll be there too and I know Tim Dyson will be in attendance. Hopefully Alan Harvey will also have an extensive selection of old airguns to tempt us.

I'm looking forward to a good fair.

John

brum

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I'll be there too and I know Tim Dyson will be in attendance. Hopefully Alan Harvey will also have an extensive selection of old airguns to tempt us.

I'm looking forward to a good fair.

John
    Should be a good selection of interesting air gun related items, parker hale, williams diopter sights,air pistols and rifles,books etc.

Brum Fair

Any idea what time the fair starts on the 17th .

brum fair.

Quote Originally Posted by pushbikeman View Post
    Any idea what time the fair starts on the 17th .
    opening times.
    Dealers & keen collectors. 8.30 to 10am. £8.
    Public addmission. 10am.to 2.30pm. £5.

OK Flogger , Thank you .

Although fairly quiet, not a bad fair with a good selection of airguns on offer. For starters, there were several etched BSA Airsporters and Club air rifles; one of which was fitted with the optional Parker Hale Sportarget rearsight. There was also a boxed Cadet but the price of just under £400 put me off that one!

Roly showed me a Webley Mk 3 that was fitted with a neat pre-war AGP aperture sight and there were vintage pellet tins on offer on several stalls.

Tim Dyson had enough stock to describe his stall as a shop as usual with enough variety to interest several collectors that walked past.

Alas, no airguns came away with me but I did source a very nice Sussex Armoury salesman's catalogue that was bound in leather from 1980. An excellent resource.

Roll on Kempton!

John

I purchased a lovely miniature Colt Navy but unfortunately don’t know the maker. If there are any collectors out there that could help I would appreciate it.

BBF
    "The grass is always greener on the other side"