Thread: webley falcon wanted

webley falcon wanted

merry christmas all. iam still looking for a webley falcon, prefer .177 but .22 will suffice, anything considered from mint to restoration project but must be complete, was hoping santa brought me one? but alas no.. thanks....

Why Paul?,with all due respect, they appear to have a piston body made of tin foil

falcon

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    Why Paul?,with all due respect, they appear to have a piston body made of tin foil
    hello. usual story... had one as a lad, just wanted to add one to my webley collection, i have never opened a falcon up that i recollect, but thought quality would be pretty good as per other webleys? please enlighten.....

You'd certainly think so,but even taking into account age and possible abuse.
    The two examples I've had were both well worn,the pistons in particular showed wear and deformation.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    The two examples I've had were both well worn,the pistons in particular showed wear and deformation.
    I like Webley falcons--had a Crimbo plink today with a very worn one with a weak spring The pistons do wear on that ring at the back, where the cocking arm pushes, similar to most Milbro/ Dianas, but they can be welded up-- -OR drill/ grind the 3 spot welds, turn the ring and then re tack weld.
    They are one of my favourite guns.
    Love one of the tuners to modify a Hawk piston. Pretty much last forever.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    I like Webley falcons--had a Crimbo plink today with a very worn one with a weak spring The pistons do wear on that ring at the back, where the cocking arm pushes, similar to most Milbro/ Dianas, but they can be welded up-- -OR drill/ grind the 3 spot welds, turn the ring and then re tack weld.
    They are one of my favourite guns.
    Love one of the tuners to modify a Hawk piston. Pretty much last forever.
    How is the trigger on your Falcon. I have one I left in my fathers gun cabinet years ago and from what I can remember the trigger was quite heavy

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    How is the trigger on your Falcon. I have one I left in my fathers gun cabinet years ago and from what I can remember the trigger was quite heavy
    They are ok. They use the same sear as the Mk 3's, ---Most oldies benefit frome a softer mainspring to improve the trigger, but also, check that the trigger soring isn't battered. 2 more things to watch out for on a falcon trigger are (1) the trigger isn't rubbing against the stock (2) that the trigger bllade is solid in the trigger. From memory they are pinned and you can take out slack with solder or epoxy.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Bought one from thisisdonald a couple of years back. Lovely little gun. Think the build quality is better that that of Meteors of the period - & certainly much better than the 'orrible Hawk I owned back in the day.

Laverdabru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    They are ok. They use the same sear as the Mk 3's, ---Most oldies benefit frome a softer mainspring to improve the trigger, but also, check that the trigger soring isn't battered. 2 more things to watch out for on a falcon trigger are (1) the trigger isn't rubbing against the stock (2) that the trigger bllade is solid in the trigger. From memory they are pinned and you can take out slack with solder or epoxy.
    Thank you for the reply. I will pick it up over the next couple of days and check it out

falcon

yes, have seen a lot of that, but mainly on well used british made dianas, i suspected the smaller webley juniors and jaguars to suffer the same fate.