Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Your Favourite Pistol

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by springfieldm6 View Post
    Crosman 1300 in .22. Surprisingly accurate, well made, with a solid steel breech and sights, but slightly let down by a trigger creepier than Jimmy Saville..
    My Crosman 1300 was a Christmas present from my mum in about 1977. It's now on about its third or fourth set of seals, and has even been away to Mr Amatruder at one point. I do use it one handed at 10m when I feel like practising a bit of trigger control. I've found that if you limit it to 8 pumps it keeps the pull manageable, but still pushes the pellet out with enough power to cut a neat hole in the 10m target.
    If I want to practise trigger control and recoil control I use the Tempest. Both pistols will reward good technique but it doesn't take much of a lapse to put a pellet a long way out of the black.
    I also love my FWB 80, but its lack of recoil and superb trigger leave me no excuse when I stray out of the black with that one
    The 1300 is the last gun I will ever part with.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

The Webley Hurricane that I bought in 76 at 17 without my parents permission would be the last to go. Humble and not my favourite Webley but the only ap I've ever bought new...
    This concentric is the one that would be the penultimate and is my all time favourite despite being one of my most recent acquisitions. Beautifully hand made from a time before mass production. Wonderful. Also it was a result after a very stressful and worrying import from the USA last spring that nearly resulted in it being destroyed by UK customs.

[QUOTE=Mobiasstrip;7852427]The Webley Hurricane that I bought in 76 at 17 without my parents permission would be the last to go. Humble and not my favourite Webley but the only ap I've ever bought new...
    This concentric is the one that would be the penultimate and is my all time favourite despite being one of my most recent acquisitions. Beautifully hand made from a time before mass production. Wonderful. Also it was a result after a very stressful and worrying import from the USA last spring that nearly resulted in it being destroyed by UK customs.

I am a big fan of all early British spring powered air pistols and the Westley Richards models in particular. I'm fortunate enough to own examples of both the 'Concentric' and 'Non-Concentric' pistols. Although the 'Concentric' is the much rarer of the two, I prefer the large Victorian revolver appearance of the 'Non-Concentric' which although earlier also came with a rifled barrel and adjustable rear sight. My Concentric' carries Ser No 1055 making it actually number 55 of the production line as the Ser Nos started at 1000 to create the illusion of a successful sales. I'm sure you are already aware that only 100 or so of these models were ever made. I would be interested in the Ser No on your pistol if you don't mind sharing that information.
    Brian

Thumbs up

I find it hard to whittle down to just a single favourite

Anyhow, If it was Co2 powered, I'd have to say this one!

Spring powered, My old Senior in .177, It's the pistol i've had longer than any of the others..

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Agree with you on the Crosman 600 Never part with mine

Seeing those on here with extended barrels does make me want to get mine modded...but haven't got the skills and wouldn't want to mess it up
    Last edited by short-carabine; 21-04-2020 at 03:22 PM.