Ironically I'm on the tail end of a refurbishment project on a jubilee 45 myself. They are very well built guns. And when set up right very accurate also. One of a number of quality German springers that dominated the hunting and target scene back in the day.
There is no protruding central latch rod on these guns as such as the trigger bears upon the piston body not the latch rod. Trigger units are becoming scarce so that would be something to consider if something is amiss here. I reckon if a tenner was knocked off the price and certainly if twenty was taken off this would be a worthwhile project. It's not a bad one as the price stands to be honest provided everything that was there at the factory is still on the gun. An interesting feature is the piston there as the body doesn't look as if it's a factory 45 body (though some Diana pistons fit other models in their range). It's OK provided it works it's fine. Converting from the leather seal to synthetic should on paper and in most instances in reality yield some more power so spring input can be throttled back and a nice action achieved. As that's already been done there's a saving there I reckon of about forty quid between parts and labour.
Has anyone got details of ISP so that I can ping them an email to see if they are still blacking actions during these times?
Many thanks
Dave