HFT - the people who shoot it for the most part are top people. Friendly, approachable, willing to help.

Every sport has a few twats but you have to live with that.

Of the two disciplines, HFT is far more reaxed than FT to my mind. I started in FT and switched to HFT after trying both - overlapping.

I now mainly do pest control but HFT improved my skill set way beyond what I need.

Just go for it, experiment, ask questions, listen to others and watch what people do. You will see lots of different approaches and most top shots are more than happy to answer questions.

Kit FIt is king so if the gun is comfy and tactile, you immediately improve your chances.

I started with a Rapid 17 in a Gary Cane stock then switched to a Steyr 100 FT which was such a superb gun. For FT top marks but I hated it for HFT.

Bought an HW100 and loved it..... went to Poland and lent it to a Polish shooter who's gun went down and he loved the rifle so much he wanted to pay me more than I bought it for.

I sold him the gun but at a price I thought was fair and just did the FT course with my steyr.

Bought an airwolf with the money and it was very very qiet and accurate but it was just useless as a hunter and HFT so went back to an HW100 which I still have.

For me the HW100 with fettleing is just an amazing all round rifle.

But it doesn't really matter so long as it fits and does the jobs you want it to.

You will know what will suit from experience...… just embrace the curve and crack on