Thread: Attention To Detail.

Attention To Detail.

I routinely take out the air pistols in my collection not only to give them an inspection, but also just for the pleasure of handling them every once in a while.
    Today's candidate is a rather ungainly looking crank wound air pistol marketed by A.G. Parker in the 1920s, although there is a theory that this particular example may be have been assembled after the war from parts remaining after production ceased. Anyway, one of the things I admire about these old air pistols apart from their superb build quality, is the attention to detail they could afford to incorporate. Here we see an example of a pellet seater built into breech which itself has no washer relying entirely on precision metal to metal contact.

Brian

One of the great things about these is their inherent safety : When you wind them and they slip out of your hand, you may rely on them getting hooked on your watch- chain, thus avoiding potential damage to your turnups and two tone toes.

Parker

That is beauty, in very nice condition. I have a heavily pitted one in poor condition in bits as a project. Planning to get it shooting this summer. Does anyone have a schematic or assembly diagram? I took plenty of pictures when I dismantled a couple of years ago but it did not cock and latch when I got it and I suspect something is missing or it was wrong assembled. It will never be anything more than poor condition but it would be great to get it plinking again. Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Mobiasstrip View Post
    That is beauty, in very nice condition. I have a heavily pitted one in poor condition in bits as a project. Planning to get it shooting this summer. Does anyone have a schematic or assembly diagram? I took plenty of pictures when I dismantled a couple of years ago but it did not cock and latch when I got it and I suspect something is missing or it was wrong assembled. It will never be anything more than poor condition but it would be great to get it plinking again. Steve
    Patent information including a schematic diagram are included on Danny Garvin's excellent gallery.

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....d-air-pistols/

Hope this helps.

Brian

Thank you Brian, not sure why I didn't think to look there. Perfect. Steve