Thread: Which scope mounts for Webley???

Which scope mounts for Webley???

Hi all,
    I am trying to find scope mounts which provide a good fit to the dovetails on a Webley Osprey.

I have tried some Hawke ones which sit over to one side.

Can anyone provide any recommendations please

Thanks

Hi, what scope are you trying to fit ?? I have lots of ''retro'' scopes parts; but would need more info.
    abellringer

Thumbs up

Bkl mounts
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

It's a lottery. Some Ospreys have decently cut dovetails with "curved" ends, some are quite different, with a shallower cut and "square" ends. The widths are all over the place. You just have to try different mounts to get the best fit, unfortunately. Recommendations are unlikely to help.

Thanks for replies. I am trying to fit a Hawke 4x32 scope. I’ll have a look at the bkl mounts too

The Osprey used a wider dovetail than standard. I think it was either 13 or 15mm, but I don’t have one to hand to measure.

Sportsmatch do a wider mount to fit the BSA 14mm rails which would probably work but if you’re really lucky you might be able to find some old Parker Hale rings that fit perfectly. I had a set once that came on an Osprey.

Like most things a lot of people don’t realise they’re different and try to fit standard mounts with the clamping jaw splayed out at some horrible angle.

Good luck with the quest!

Cheers
    Greg