Thread: TASCO Custom shop 8-40 x 56

TASCO Custom shop 8-40 x 56

I have one of these in the loft , boxed with large sidewheel and christmas tree ret - which I believe Deben only offered for 1 year - most were duplex ret.

Value please old skool Ft ers ( could put it on a MDS for period authenticity)

yes - I know picture paints a thousand words but it's got big spiders and cobwebs up in the loft

tasco

I just picked one up for £150 it had 2 sun shades, mill dot ret, they cost a lot when they were new.
    Grate scope if only I had one 30 years ago when I did FT.
    at CMB in Bolton.
    [url]www.rivington-riflemen.eu

The very first Custom Shops featured a target dot reticle, the duplex and other options came later in the production run.

Depending on condition I have paid between £100 and £220 for examples of these.

I haven't seen the version with the fancy reticle, I hope it is genuine factory option and not a 'Dragon' conversion - Dragon was the name given by Graham Bluck (designer of the PH Dragon single stroke pneumatic) to multi line reticles he installed into scopes back in the 1990's. Some of these were made on film and the clarity was not great, there was also a tale that if exposed to the sun for too long they could shrivel up, although I cannot confirm that. He later made them etched on glass and although the clarity was better they still weren't great.

One of the main criteria I consider with these scopes is they haven't been made for a long time so if they break that's it they are likely to be a paper weight so I would not pay excessive money for any example.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.